and hoping you'll find it of value like me
Thought for Today
6th Blog Blast for Peace
November 5, 2009
Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.
Barbara De Angelis
"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Rumi
"I believe I'm here to speak my truth and that's all I have to do. I don't have to make people understand it... I just have to speak the truth." ~Anne Wilson Schaef
"A woman is like a teabag-only in hot water do you realize how strong she is." Eleanor Roosevelt
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever."
"...We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. ... And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Nelson Mandela
“Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily. If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented. So, to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise.” - Maya Angelou
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
"A good question is never answered. It is not a bolt to be tightened into place, but a seed to be planted and to bear more seeds toward the hope of greening the landscape of idea." ~ Henry David Thoreau
I am a
1. 'lessons' learned during my week at the Mabel Dodge Luhan House & Conference Center
2. pieces of writing I generated during the past two weeks and intend to share eventually
3. rich encounters with lovely women & writers while there (in addition to those I met along the way to and from New Mexico)
4. delicious Santa Fe meals prepared by the talented 'staff' at MDL
5. the beauty of nearby Henningsen Gardens as lovely in 2010 as it was in 2007
6. the resonant energy of Taos & MDL still in my heart, mind & body
7. gaining some clarity & focus for writing I intend to do & share in the days, weeks, and months ahead
8. a myriad of supportive resources to explore & put to use
9. discovering the El Rey Inn in Santa Fe ... a 'destination' for many vacationers from all over the USA
10. literally HUNDREDS of photos to cull, label, organize and share!
11. discovering the Dance of Shiva ... learning how it allows our brains to dissolve old & create new patterns of thinking
12. the company of Molly & Ms Kitty here by the beach in Southern California
13. a ready willingness for whatever comes next ...