"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day 5 Embracing a Larger Vision (My Sacred Life)

Sometimes the Daily Email from Renaissance Unity takes my breath away and leaves me humbly considering the staggering possibility that God might have bigger plans for me than I do for myself.

Today's affirmation is: "I am the light of God shining in the world."

What an audacious thought!

Seven years ago, "early retirement" allowed me to step out of an overly busy life into a slower-pace contemplative one. Although challenged at first, I learned to say "No thank you" graciously when asked to take on responsibilities I no longer found engaging, and to release associated "guilt" and "worry" through journaling & meditation ... so that my life is simple, joy-filled, and relaxed these days.

In THE LIFE YOU WERE BORN TO LIVE, Dan Millman writes of "Nine-Year Cycles" beginning that chapter with this quote:
The power of the world always works in circles,
and everything tries to be round.
The sky is round, and I have heard
that the earth is like a ball,
and so are all the stars.
The wind, in it's greatest power, whirls:
birds make their nests in circles,
for theirs is the same religion as ours.
The sun and moon, both round,
came forth and go down again in a circle.
Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing,
and always come back again to where they were.
The life of a person is a circle from childhood to childhood,
and so it is in everything where power moves.
Black Elk

If Millman is correct about the timing of things, perhaps I can give myself continued breathing room as I make gradual changes in the next two years of MY "Nine-Year Cycle" before emerging as the Butterfly I choose to be?

In the meantime, I shall "let my little light shine" here and elsewhere ... remembering it might be bigger than I realize.

Blessed Be -- and so it is. Thank you very much. Amen

No comments: