"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem ~ A Revolution of Words



Blog Blast for Peace
June 4, 2008


Today I join Mimi Lenox and many other bloggers in the 4th Blog Blast for Peace ... and invite YOU to join the wave today on your Blog. Just click Mimi's link and read the directions for getting your own Peace Globe to personalize and publish. Then follow the directions to share with others through her official sites ... and visit others blogging for peace today.

Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us that 'Peace is in Every Step' ... a choice in every instant no matter what's happening around and/or within us. You can see and listen to him here in a brief presentation and/or spend more time as he speaks on the following topics:
Mindfulness: Living in the Present Moment
Peace is in Every Step
Breathing Meditation

How much simpler might life be
if we each made PEACE a central priority in our lives ...
remembering to
stop

B R E A T H E
smile ...
notice & take in
the elements of our natural surroundings
and say 'thank you'
as we move through the day's activities
remembering that everyone is 'living their lives' ...
dealing with challenges,
coping with adversity,
pursuing their dreams
in much the same way as we are.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I've written of this before, but believe that it bears repeating. Don Miguel Ruiz suggests adopting the following Four Agreements:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Thought for Today
"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding." Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts and globe.

Peace.

maryt/theteach said...

storyteller, this is beautiful! Glad to join you on this Day of Peace! :D

Barb said...

Wishing you, me, all of us, peace.

Ivanhoe said...

Uf, these four are hard. I'm trying to do all of them, but sometimes have a hard time with formulating the right words and also not judging people. I'm working on it - always trying my best :o)

Unknown said...

Love your quotes, comments, the message and your gorgeous globe. Peace to you my friend.

DrillerAA said...

Great post.
Have a day filled with peace.

All we are asking, is give peace a chance.

Raven said...

Beautiful post. I'm a fan of Ruiz, especially his other book (can't think of the name right now.) All wonderful quotes. Peace!

ShannonW said...

This is really beautiful Storyteller. Thank you for sharing with me, us and the world. Peace

-tnchick- said...

Beautiful contribution - awesome quote by Mother Theresa, too.

Our goal must not be peace in our time but peace for all time.
-- Harry S. Truman

Anonymous said...

Great to see you on board and what a nice Globe!
Mine is up too :-)
Hello from Norway - peace to you and the one you love!

Sandee said...

I love your globe and your message. Peace to you and yours. :)

Momisodes said...

Very well said. I love those 4 agreements. Thank you for the reminder :)

catsynth said...

Nice thoughts. Peace to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Storyteller,Great thought,Great globe.

I hope that you had a great day today! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hi Storyteller
Beautiful globe and thanks for your message of peace to the world.
Peace be unto you and all of us


My Peace Post

Unknown said...

Excellent Blog Blast for Peace post!

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love this post storyteller. Have a blessed day!

Annie Z said...

I starred this post in Google Reader. Just the reminder to breath was wonderful. Then to remember to say thank you. Peace in every step. Mindfulness. Living in the present.
I feel like I have been on a vacation from all these things. And yet they are so important to me. Thanks for helping me to return home.
Annie
xxx

Julie said...

I really like those 4 tidbits on how to live life. Very good! Those alone can create peace.

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Ps. 34:14

Travis Cody said...

I encountered someone today who could profit from reading those 4 tenets.

Peace to you and yours!

Unknown said...

I love the quote by Mother Theresa. Peace.

storyteller said...

I’m so grateful to be a part of this Peace Phenomenon in the Blogosphere … enjoyed sharing my own posts here and at Small Reflections … and loved seeing what others have created in this ‘virtual’ world.

Thank you all for visiting and sharing your responses here. I wish you all a peace-filled day, every day. If I’ve not yet visited your Peace Post, I’ll do so as time permits over the next few days (and/or weeks).
Hugs and blessings,

Mimi Lenox said...

GREAT post and peace globe. Thank you for participating in the movement.

Mimi

storyteller said...

Mimi – Thanks for dropping by … leaving your supportive comment and for inspiring this wonderful activity. I’ve enjoyed seeing what others have done in response to these Peace Globes and believe in the power of thought to make a difference in the world!
Hugs and blessings,