"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem - Strength of Gentleness


NaBloPoMo-Day6
5th Blog Blast for Peace
November 6, 2008
Today I join Mimi Lenox and many other bloggers in the 5th Blog Blast for Peace ... and invite YOU to join the wave today on your Blog. Just click Mimi's link and read the directions for getting your own Peace Globe to personalize and publish. Then follow the directions to share with others through her official sites ... and visit others blogging for peace.

Sacred Ruminations Peace Globe is #1124

"We have learned to fly the air like birds
and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned
the simple art of living together as brothers."
Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength to Love, 1963
Collage created using PSE6 with photos from Flickzzz

Click for links to
...
My other Blog Blasts today:
at Small Reflections and Blog Rolls & Bling
and last June:
Thirteen Thoughts on the Topic of Peace
& Peace in Every Step

Click for others participating in
the 5th Blog Blast for Peace!

Thoughts for Today
"Leaders need to be optimists. Their vision is beyond the present." Rudy Giuliani

"A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done."
Ralph Nader


"I suppose that leadership at one time meant muscle; but today it means getting along with people." Indira Gandhi

20 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

What cute pictures!

Come see me; I have something for you!

Michelle said...

Beautiful quote you've used on your globe, I've never heard that one before. Very true!

:-) Happy Peace day to you.

j said...

Another EXCELLENT quote. Peace to you today and always.

Joyce said...

I so agree that leaders need to be optimists. Just think of the coach whose team is able to win against all odds. Yes, there's lots of practice and skill development that goes into those victories. There's also the belief, "We can do it!"

May our President-elect prove to be a truly competent leader for our troubled nation. May even those who did not vote for him, send peaceful, respectful thoughts his way, and work together for the benefit of our nation.

catsynth said...

Great globe, and we love the animals as a symbol of peace!

Sandee said...

Very well said. Peace to you and yours. :)

Kahshe Cottager said...

Your photos and quotations are perfect for your post today. World Peace is something we should all aspire towards.

Momisodes said...

What a poignant quote from MLK. I love the leader quotes as well. Perfect for blog blast for peace.

Travis Cody said...

Peace to you and yours!

Billie Greenwood said...

Great thoughts for today. We all must be leaders--each in our own way.

~*~Patty S said...

fantastic quotes and inspiration in your blog blast for Peace!
Sending *Peace*Love*Light* to ALL!!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I love the picture of the two aquatic dwellers - so cute.

SandyCarlson said...

Awesome. I didn't do a new globe, so I have the old one up in the sidebar. A wonderful thing to do!

Raven said...

Lovely peace post. Love your collage and your globe.

Dianne said...

I love all the animals!

Mimi Lenox said...

This Martin Luther King quote always brings tears to my eyes. All three of your peace posts are outstanding and inspiring. Well done.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

Can I give you a cyber-hug?

Mariposa said...

Very well said!

Julie said...

Very good thought on your globe! Thanks for sharing!

May the spirit of peace take over.

Unknown said...

That there's a lotta kissing critters. :) I love them all!

Michelle said...

I just love this quote my Martin Luther King, Jr. So very true and so very sad. I'm going to check out the Blog Blast for peace. Thanks for sharing.