"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, March 22, 2008

Make a Wish Meme


Wish on a star

After being tagged by Linda at Are we there yet? who came up with this beautiful meme, Ivanhoe tagged me (and everyone on her Blogroll plus a few new Ultimate Blog Party friends) for this Make a Wish Meme. I decided to do it on each of my blogs. After spending a week considering my fondest wish, I've concluded I'm 'content with life as is' although (like many others) I'd love to see Peace On Earth ... so I went with two 'Irish Blessings' that might help us achieve this goal in our lives.

Here is my 1st wish.

My 2nd Wish is at Small Reflections
&
I invite everyone to participate!

Here are the Rules:
1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart's desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see the above wishing star flame across the night sky.
2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below.
3. Use a graphics program of your choice and place your wish on this picture:


4. Post the Make A Wish Meme and your wishing star on your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag as many people as you like so that there can be wishing stars all across the Blogosphere and ask them to please link back to Linda so that she can see what wishes others have made and share those wishes with others.

I quote Ivanhoe here: "If you don't currently have a graphics program and aren't sure how to put your message on the picture you can either download one for free (Linda used IrfanView which is an image viewer but also allows you to customize and optimize your pictures) or email Linda at mouseski58@yahoo.com, tell her what you're wishing for, and she'll customize the picture for you and email it back to you so that you can then post it."

After creating two of my own (one for each blog) I checked Linda's blog and she seems to be collecting the 'wishes' and sharing them in a series of update posts.

I hope you'll think about playing along too
and let me know when you do by
leaving a link here.

Thanks to Hootin' Anni for this cool new award!

I'd like to pass it along to all those who
decide to participate in the
Make a Wish Meme!

Thought for Today
"Our deepest wishes are whispers of our authentic selves. We must learn to respect them. We must learn to listen." Sarah Ban Breathnach

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a lovely wish and I think it's so great that you're happy with life as it is - so few of us seem to be able to say that!

Have a very Happy Easter and thank you so much for playing along!

Joyce said...

A blessed day to you, Storyteller. :)
I hope to have time to do this meme later on today or possibly Monday.

I wish I could sit down with you and get good advice. I have been asked to supervise a "study hall" of sixth grade students who have consistently not done homework this school year. As you may well imagine, some don't intend to work in study hall, either.

Maybe I should wish for greater wisdom in working with challenging kiddos?

Karen said...

A most excellent wish--I have to give my own some thought. There are so many levels one could go with this--personal, family, global.

Ivanhoe said...

Love it! I saw it on Linda's page this morning. I have to write it down somewhere, it's beautiful.

storyteller said...

Linda – Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed this meme more than most and posted my 2nd 'wish' this morning at Small Reflections for Meme Monday.

Joyce – I hope you’ll decide to do the ‘wish’ meme when time permits. I gave myself about a week to think about it before creating mine. As for the ‘study hall’ situation … I guess it depends on how many kids there will be and how much time you’ll spend together. We had an ‘alternative learning center’ at our Middle School and it was never easy to encourage the kids sent there to use time productively. Seems like the wish for ‘greater wisdom in working with challenging kiddos’ might work ;--)

Karen – Yes … that was my initial response to Ivanhoe’s ‘tag’ … but I decided to take a more ‘global’ view because no ‘specifics’ …(other than having my sister get over her ‘wanderlust’ and return home soon)… came to mind. I don’t really want her to cut her travels short, however, because she’s having such a wonderful time ‘on the road’ … so it didn’t work as a wish for me. I’m glad you’re giving it some thought. Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend too.

Ivanhoe – Ah … I didn’t realize it was there … but I’ve checked and it is, so thanks for letting me know.

I appreciate all of you spending some time here at Sacred Ruminations and hope you have a Marvelous Monday!
Hugs and blessings,

Crista said...

Thanks so much for commenting my blog! Your posts are so inspirational and I enjoyed reading them!

storyteller said...

Domestic Goddess – You’re welcome. Thanks for your lovely comments here at Sacred Ruminations. I’m happy you enjoyed your visit and hope you’ll return as time permits.
Hugs and blessings,