"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, March 8, 2008

One Single Impression #1 - Change


The first prompt for One Single Impression is change.

fifteen pounds of love
joy and boundless energy
learning day by day


kitty watches from
high above and disapproves
yet as time goes on

mellowly accepts
the white 'beastie' finally
claiming the front yard


coexisting with
clarity of who's in charge
even though the dog's

50 pounds or more
and Ms. Kitty's barely 10 ...
"cat's rule while dog's drool"

Click for other participants of
One Single Impression

Thought for Today
"Happiness consists more in small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life." Benjamin Franklin

11 comments:

Sian said...

These are sweet and the pictures are lovely

Anonymous said...

kitteh says:

'i tolerate this
only because it gives me
someone else to blame'

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful photos of your adorable pets!

Karen said...

Gorgeous photos! Gorgeous animals!

And I love the quote--I try to remind myself of that thought every day. (And I also try to remind myself that in twenty years I'll probably look back on this particular time of my life as being sweet and full of beauty.) I still want the joy of, say, having a book published, but I can't forget the simple pleasure of Nathan crawling into my lap and saying "Let's be snuggalish."

I love it when I take the time to read your blogs during the beginning part of my day--you never fail to give me something to ponder and appreciate!

storyteller said...

Sian – Thanks … it’s more than a ‘single’ impression, but then I am a ‘storyteller’ at heart ;--)

Liquidquick – Ah … you do know the heart and mind of cats! LOL

CraftyGP – I admit I was looking for an opportunity to share these … and used this prompt as my excuse.

Karen – These are collages I created and published at Small Reflections early on when I was ‘learning the ropes’ … but it was fun to revisit them here as I embark on the new weekly poetic challenge of ‘one single impression’ … a link I discovered at Yolanda’s on Friday and knew instantly I wanted to join. I’m so happy my posts and quotes provoke ‘ponderings’ and ‘appreciation’ on your part … and your comments always warm my heart!

I appreciate each of you for visiting and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,

Joyce said...

I love the pictures. I am glad the two animals can get along.

Love and Hugs,
Joyce of Creation In Progress

Momisodes said...

I love the photo collages! It's always amazing to see 2 animals getting along :) Very sweet! hope you're having a great Sunday!

Sue said...

Awww, gorgeous :) Poor puss. But that doggy is just a beeyoodiful beeyoodiful boy, absolutely gorgeous!! :) (Ok, ok, I'm showing my dogs versus cats bias here :)

storyteller said...

Joyce – I love them both and wish they were better friends than they are … but Molly has a ‘healthy respect’ for Ms. Kitty and the cat ‘rules’ her territory out front … so it ‘works’ for now.

Sandy – If Ms. Kitty wasn’t so ‘feral’ … they might have become fast friends … but she freaked out and went into hiding while Molly was tiny … so we missed that opportunity. Once the cat figured out the dog wasn’t going to ‘do her harm’ … she mellowed out, but they don’t ‘curl up’ together as I’d hoped. They each know the other ‘belongs’ … and accepts the fact.

Sue – No need to feel sorry for the pussycat. She lives a good life still. Of course, I admit … I share your bias and I’m partial to pooches myself mainly because I’m allergic to cat hair.

Thanks to each of you for taking time on your Sunday afternoon to drop by and leave a comment.
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

Thanks for showing the pictures of your dog and cat. I enjoyed seeing your pretty pets.

storyteller said...

Betty – You’re welcome … and thanks for stopping by for a visit. I don't post photos of me, but I do love to share my fur-kids ;--)
Hugs and blessings,