"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, February 29, 2008

Haiku Friday - Message in a Bottle

For my second 'Ku
I shall write of dif'rent things
than I did this morn,

but there are awards
at my other blog for friends
so please check this out.

Message in a Bottle Meme

Recently I've seen
many bloggers leaving a
single message in

bottles like this one
washed upon the shore and now
I shall take this on.

If you wish to do
something with this on your own
blog, the 'rules' below

offer guidance and
I hope you will leave a link
here so I can see

for myself what thought
you decide to share in your
bottle on the sand.

Here's mine!
Here are 'the rules'

Mimi the Queen of Memes started a new Message in a Bottle Meme and suggests, "You are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean. Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle. Write anything you wish. Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not."

What message would you like to send out to the universe?

Directions:
1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle
2. Right click and Save the graphic above
3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture
4. Post the meme and these rules on your blog
5. Return your “Message In a Bottle” to me via email ~ mimiwrites2005 at yahoo.com, sign the Mr. Linky at Mimi’s site and leave a comment THERE telling her you’ve finished. IF YOU WANT YOUR MESSAGE TO BE ANONYMOUS PLEASE SAY SO.
6. Tag a minimum of five people - or your entire blogroll - to do the same. Notify them of the tag.

By now you know how I feel about 'tagging' ...
so I'm breaking rule #6 (no surprise there, right).
I do, however, invite and encourage
all who are so inclined to
participate.

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story.

Haiku Friday Volume 17 is here.

To see my previous Friday Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or on the link About Me in my sidebar.

17 comments:

Kat said...

What a fabulous and fun idea! I love it!

Mike Golch said...

I love the haiku and that you do a different one from your other site,I admire your talent.

storyteller said...

Kathryn - I'm glad you think so. I just learned how to put words on graphics last week to do this Meme. Now I can make my own awards too! If you decide to do the Messaged in the Bottle I hope you'll let me know so I can read your message.

Mike - Thanks! I think writing Haiku is fun and it's nice to know you enjoy what I produce and share.

I appreciate both of you visiting and leaving your comments.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Ooooh - I like your saying. I need to play this and haven't yet. But, I will. Hope you have something nice and relaxing planned for the evening. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I love, love that message you sent out!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of memes (OK, I hate them), but this seems pretty cool. I'll have to check out her sie and view some of the messages.

Karen said...

I've got to check out the site. I love your message, by the way (I love Thoreau in general--I remember reading him in hs and having to memorize and recite chunks of "Walden"). In my journal (just minutes before booting up the laptop), I was writing how my life isn't what I'd expected (and in some ways, hoped) it would be. So I was musing on ways to turn it into what I want...not giving up, not being bitter, not blaming anyone else. Just accepting it, and seeing where I need to go next.

It's so neat (synchronistic?) how our thoughts seem to go along similar paths...

storyteller said...

Chuck – Thanks and I hope you’ll let me know when you do so. I did have a relaxing evening with Molly ;--)

Secret Agent Mama – I appreciate the feedback. It’s a message as much for myself as for anyone, but I'm gratified to know it resonates with others as well. We all need such reminders from one another.

Jenni – I’m not much for memes myself as a rule and tend to do what I can to make them my own (as I did today by combining Message in a Bottle with Haiku Friday). This one seemed worth the effort and it allowed me to teach myself how to put text on graphics … something I’d been wanting to learn but hadn’t made time for.

Karen – Wow … I love synchronicity! Thanks so much for sharing this morning. I sensed you were having a tough time when I read your non-post last night and sent some loving energy your way as I responded. I’m surprised to see you ‘blogging’ on a Saturday … and I hope my post helps a bit. As I type this I’m wondering if anyone’s life turns out as expected or even hoped for and Donald Murray’s EXPECTED THE UNEXPECTED comes to mind. Have you read that book?

Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts last night and this morning. I hope you enjoy the weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Sarafem - What a pleasant surprise to find your link this morning as I was responding to comments on this post. I tried to leave a comment on your blog but discovered it's restricted so I'm doing the next best thing and leaving one here. Thank you so much ... and have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

Hmmmm...I think I'll do this one. But tomorrow though..still have another soccer game to do today.

Eve said...

I've seen this meme in other places, too. I like the idea. And I like your message.

Hazel said...

hi a simple tag for u. Have a nice day!

storyteller said...

Melissa – I hope ‘soccer’ went well for all concerned and will look forward to seeing your ‘message’ in a bottle when you share.

Eve – Thanks. I’m happy to have figured out how to put text on graphics finally and may do this meme a 2nd time … at Small Reflections.

Hazel – Thanks for the visit and for adding me to your blogroll. As for the ‘tag’ … as I wrote in my comment at your site, I like this blog being a bit ‘obscure’ so I don’t want my ‘readership to explode’ … but I’ll think about doing the tag at Small Reflections next week.

I appreciate each of your comments and hope you’re having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

Maude Lynn said...

What a great message!

storyteller said...

Mama Zen – I’m glad you enjoyed it. I loved learning how to add text to graphics and found it interesting to check out Mimi’s blog to see what others had done with this meme. You might like to do it too!
Hugs and blessings,

Phyl said...

wow...u pick the most amazing quotes. this means you and i have the following in common...
1. Gratitude addiction...and its a good one.
2. Meme lovers.
3. Quote-a-holics.

Is it just me or did I make them all seem bad???? lol.

storyteller said...

Phyl – Thanks for your comment here. I do love quotes … share them in my sidebars and at the end of most posts … just because. I also have them on post-its around my house (and in my PDA) to keep me ‘centered’ because it’s all too easy to become distracted or unfocused … especially now that I’m happily retired ;--)

It’s cool to find someone in this ‘virtual’ world with whom I share such commonalities … and no … you didn’t make anything seem bad! LOL

I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,