"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday - Prayer for the Evening


In 1994's
ILLUMINATA

Marianne Williamson shares
"Thoughts, Prayers, and Rites of Passage"
and this is one of my favorite
prayers for the evening.



"Dear God,
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for my safety and the safety of my loved ones.
As I enter sleep, may these hours give me peace.
May they bring healing to my mind and body.
While I sleep, dear Lord, please bless the world.
Where there is pain,
where there are people who have no place to sleep,
who suffer and who die,
may Your angels come unto them and minister to their hearts.
Dear Lord,
Please let the light stream in.
Please use my hours of sleep.
Please prepare me, during these hours of rest,
for greater service to You.
May the light that surrounds me, tomorrow shine through me.
Soften my heart.
Thank You, Lord.
Amen."

4 comments:

thailandchani said...

Marianne Williamson is really good at writing things like that, isn't she? :)

Monique Kleinhans said...

amen indeed

:)

Karen said...

I think it's time I actually picked up a Marianne Williamson book--I'm obviously missing something.

storyteller said...

Chani – The thing I love about her prayers is the “familiar” way she addresses God, and the way she focuses on simple yet important issues in a personal way.

Ladybug – Thanks for adding your prayers to mine. :--)

Karen – I love all her books. A WOMAN’S WORTH and ILLUMINATA are most special to me, but each is powerful.

I do believe I really learned to pray from my heart while listening to this woman speak and through reading her books. When it came out, I gave copies of ILLUMINATA to everyone I knew that Christmas … and almost everyone has told me many times how practically meaningful this little book has been in their lives ever since. Thanks to all of you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,