from sunny Southern California!
Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for other Sky Watchers
I've shared a Mosaic of 13 Wintry Beach Sky Views
at Small Reflections today.
How Time Flies
2. This is my 462nd post here at Sacred Ruminations ... my 148th for this year. Added to 652 posts at Small Reflections, 210 at Happily Retired Gal, and 33 at Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs ... that makes a total of 1362 posts in the 26 months since I started blogging. Somehow this boggles my mind ... especially since I'd never even SEEN a blog before a friend I met at the Taos Writer's Retreat (who lives in New Mexico) gave me a 'guided lesson' over the phone in late October of 2007 and helped me set up a blog ... then pestered me to publish something!
3. Looking at my early posts, I realize how little I knew about this virtual world back then. I'm amazed by what I've learned ... the people from all over the world I've encountered & the connections created ... and the expansive potential as yet unexplored. I'm grateful for it all.
4. The 'writer' in me has taken a back seat to the 'photographer' this past year. I'm hoping to find some 'balance' in the coming months by setting clear 'intentions' and clarifying 'focus' for each of my blogs ... sharing primarily writing here as I did initially and reconnecting with virtual friends I've lost track of in the past 12 months. Perhaps I'll pick up One Single Impression again ... it's a challenge I used to enjoy and kept me in touch with creative souls in the Blogosphere.
5. I've enjoyed learning to use Photoshop Elements to create mosaics and am pleased with the gradual refinements & embellishments added over recent months. When I look at early efforts, I'm appreciative of the Adult School classes offered where I live. Without guidance, I suspect I might have given up early on.
6. Today is Molly's 5th birthday and if the drizzily weather clears, I plan to take her to Dog Beach to run & play with her fur-friends ... and perhaps to the Doggie Spa after if they have time for her.
If not, I suspect I'll be giving her a bath myself.
7. If you've not seen Jib Jab's Review of 2009, you can find it at Small Reflections along with a Mosaic of Wintry Beach Skies (and a bit of Haiku). These can be contrasted with 13 Beach Sunsets shared a couple of weeks ago here at Sacred Ruminations.
8. I know how fortunate I am to live where I do and love sharing my Southern California Coastal Views & photos from my sister on the road with you on each of my blogs. I try to keep my 'labels' and links up to date & accurate, but if you encounter problems with any of them, I'd appreciate a 'heads up' so I can fix them. My email address is available on my Blogger Profile page.
9. I love seeing 'wintry wonderland views' shared by many of you who live in different parts of the world without having to put on shoes or a jacket. Thanks so much for sharing as you do.
10. One of these days I may update my list of 101 Things About Me (or not). Every now and again someone finds it & leaves me a comment there, and when I get the email notification I find myself feeling 'exposed' ... but then that's what writing is all about, isn't it?
11. Sometimes it's fun to revisit my beginnings by checking out my Top 7 in '07 Small is Beautiful Review of Small Reflections and 2007 Blog Review of Sacred Ruminations ... just because. Reading those early comments reminds me of how visitors kept me posting early on ... before blogging took on a life of its own and makes me want to reconnect with those bloggers I've lost track of due to time constraints and shifting priorities. Perhaps these thoughts should be part of #3 above, but I'm running out of time and need to get this published so methinks I'll leave it as is.
12. Ohmygosh ... sitting here staring at the computer screen I realize there are too many thoughts swirling in my head and deciding which to share has me 'stuck' ... especially since the sun's up and Molly is pestering me for her early morning walk. It rained all day yesterday so she's filled with extra energy so I don't think I can ignore her much longer.
13. So ... here I am at #13 so I guess I'll end with this graphic and a few thoughts for the day ... just because ;-)
Click for others participating in Thursday Thirteen
"There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start anew." Thomas Edison
"Don't make quitting an option if there is something you want to achieve." David Leonhardt
" Every situation is perfect the way it is. Every circumstance offers you a lesson that will help you become the person you're capable of being." Marianne Williamson