"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Watery Outdoor Views - Southern California


ALMOST

walking I found this
fountain in my neighborhood
...
then walked to the beach


Click to embiggen for better viewing...

... and for others participating in
Watery Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday, My World

and (Almost) Wordless Wednesday

Thought for Today
"
Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." Hal Borland

26 comments:

Quilt Works said...

Beautiful colors!



...waterfront in my favorite day trip destination!

eileeninmd said...

Love the fountain and I love the ocean shots. The sunset is gorgeous!

Judy said...

That is such a lovely little fountain, but the ocean!!! How I envy you, that you can just walk there!! Someday, I will move to the sea!

Mike Golch said...

Cool shots,Thanks for sharing them.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, THAT, my friend is my idea of winter walking! Gorgeous it is!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Martha said...

Looks like you had a beautiful walk!

I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year!

My ABC & Watery Wednesday

jeanne said...

Wow that water looks gorgeous! you're right, very different theen my area right now hehe. It's about 8 deg. outside and I don't even want to know what the wind chill is. Have a wonderful New Year! Any plans?

Lori said...

Beautiful pics....Happy WW and New Years!!

eastcoastlife said...

That's a lovely fountain, just the right size for my small garden.

Happy New Year!

penny said...

Your creative collage is beautiful as always. I think California beaches have some of the most spectacular view in the world.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year...

Caterina Giglio said...

beautiful and peaceful!

Shellbelle said...

There is nothing better than a walk on the beach (especially in California) and your photos captured it beautifully.

ellen b said...

Beautiful! Soon I'll be back in Southern California. I'm looking forward to a winter walk on the beach.
A very Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Martha Z said...

Nice shots! I don't think you took these the same day we went to Malibu though it is possible that the gray sky didn't extend to Santa Monica and the south coast.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh it looks so pretty and peaceful.

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Looks like you live in a nice place to take a walk! All the best to you for a Happy New Year! Sherri : )

George said...

These are beautiful photos from your beach walk. I just wish our weather was warm enough for a leisurely walk somewhere!

cherry said...

Beautiful ... May 2010 be filled with beauty and blessings for you and yours. hugs, Cherry

Quasi Serendipita said...

More beautiful, calming shots; I love your collages! Happy New Year :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Lovely shots from your walk - I love how it starts with the fountain and expands to the sea and sky. And I like the year-end quote, as well.

I am Harriet said...

Wow. Amazing photos!

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Very interesting. The fountain appears to be frozen. I didn't know it got that cold so close to the ocean. Happy NY & WW

Helena said...

Gorgeous beach shots! They make me feel all warm and toasty after spending the afternoon on a frozen canal. :)

nuts said...

Happpy New Year!!

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous beach shots!

Quiet Paths said...

I love those ship shots blown up. Such a blue expanse!