Straight out of the camera above
Poster Edges below
Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Scenic Sunday, Shadow Shots, Blue Monday, and Mosaic Monday
See also my other Mosaic Monday posts this week at
Happily Retired Gal and Small Reflections
2009 Annual Worldwide Candle Lighting Services
Now believed to be the largest mass candle lighting on the globe, the Worldwide Candle Lighting, a gift from TCF to the bereavement community, creates a virtual 24-hour wave of light as it moves from time zone to time zone. Hundreds of formal candle lighting events are held and thousands of informal candle lightings are conducted in homes as families gather in quiet remembrance of children who have died, but will never be forgotten. The Worldwide Candle Lighting started in the United States in 1997 as a small internet observance, but has since swelled in numbers as word has spread throughout the world of the remembrance.
Cherokee Indian Proverb
1. for rain ... glorious rain! As I'm dancing for joy at real rain, I'm praying for those who have had more rain and snow than usual ... hoping their weather will improve and that weather related damage is minimal.
2. my traveling sister and her husband are nearing home ... currently in Monterey, CA and headed southward ... planning to arrive by next weekend.
3. I'll be celebrating Christmas with family and friends ... and yes, I know how fortunate I am to live where I do ;-)
4. for my Nikon D60 and the things I've learned about photography during the eleven months I've used it.
5. delicious Satsuma tangerines from my sister's tree and the bountiful lemons & limes currently on my citrus trees ... plenty to share with friends & neighbors.
6. I remembered to pay my Property Taxes before the deadline of December 10th (where did the time go?) and there was no line at the local Post Office on Thursday morning (unheard of at the holidays) so I could get a Certificate of Mailing to prove I made the deadline if necessary.
7. I have stamps to mail Christmas cards when I finally get them created, printed, written, & addressed.
in the sidebar at Small Reflections
and the lists I've transferred to Happily Retired Gal
Blog Your Blessings logo
above Really Good Things.
click the logo below:
"There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries."