"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sacred Life Easter Sunday - One Single Impression


Black Elk teaches us
'everything tries to be round'
... thus does 'power' work


I wrote of this idea first on Day 5 of My Sacred Life - Embracing a Larger Vision last October when I began this 'blogging' journey ... just 22 weeks ago ... 7 years into my 'retirement' from teaching. I quote Black Elk again here as I did then ... to remind myself (and others).

"The power of the world always works in circles, and everything tries to be round. The sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in it's greatest power, whirls: birds make their nests in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours. The sun and moon, both round, came forth and go down again in a circle. Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a person is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves." Black Elk


On this Easter Sunday
as we remember that Christ died for our sins
and rose again ... may we also humbly consider
this affirmation is true for each of us:

"I am the light of God shining in the world."

Are we letting our light shine brightly?
I certainly hope so!
Blessed Be

I hope you'll check out both my entries in the Make a Wish Meme and consider participating yourself when time permits.
I've left a tantalizing incentive ;--)

12 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Better late than never is right because that is just plain fabulous.

Have a blessed Easter!
Writing in Faith: Poems

Maude Lynn said...

Beautiful!

Happy Easter!

Eve said...

I love your rainbow. Happy Easter.

Momisodes said...

So beautifully said :) Love the pic that accompanies it! Happy Easter to you :)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Happy Easter, storyteller!

Karen said...

What a beautiful quote--thank you.

storyteller said...

Sandy Carlson – Thanks so much for your ‘acceptance’ of my tardiness and positive feedback. I’ll check your link when time permits and try to get this week's prompt posted a bit earlier in the week. ;--)

Mama Zen – How nice of you to drop by. I'm happy you think so!

Eve – I’m glad to know this and hope you’re feeling better.

Sandy – You always leave such upbeat comments … thanks!

MPJ – … and to you ;--)

Karen – You’re welcome … I’m happy you enjoyed it.

I appreciate each of you spending a bit of your Easter Sunday visiting my blog and hope your Easter was ‘blessed’ indeed! May you have a marvelous Monday too!
Hugs and blessings,

Raven said...

beautiful haiku and beautiful photo... Everything tries to be round.... now I have to go think.

Roswila said...

My belated wishes for a blessed Spring and Easter.

Thank you so much for the Black Elk quote. Beautiful.

storyteller said...

Raven and Roswila
Thanks to both of you for visiting my ‘belated’ OSI post on Circles. I appreciate your supportive feedback and good wishes.
Hugs and blessings,

Greatfullivin said...

It is way past Easter but I thought I would comment any way. I loved this quote, Life is a circle, it always speaks to me of eternity, no beginning and without end, our hope, our faith, our lives. Thanks for sharing this!

storyteller said...

Greatfullivin – I’m glad you did comment, in fact … I enjoyed being reminded of this post as I cleared out my email box today ;--)
Hugs and blessings,