"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, March 21, 2008

Haiku Friday #24 - Tennis Time Again


After a slow start
Fish came back and won the first
set ... Nalbandian

has his work cut out,
though he plays well from behind
Fish is on his game!

Tommy Haas pulled out
Roger Federer has the
day to relax now.



Women play tonight!
Semi-final matches should
be exciting as

Russians play against
one another ... as do Serbs.
All these players ROCK!

* * * * * * * * * *

Addendum after the fact:
For any 'tennis fans' out there who
missed the rest of the Pacific Life Open Competition,
I continued to 'ku and post photos about tennis
at Small Reflections on
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday
and when the Sony Ericsson Tournament (in Miami)
begins on Saturday, I'll probably be
writing about it too ;--)

(Photo source: the official Pacific Life Open website)
* * * * *

I hope everyone had a very ...
easter

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story or
Playgroups are no Place for Children.

Volume 23 was posted earlier today
at Small Reflections.

To see my previous Friday Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or on the link About Me in my sidebar.

Thought for Today
"Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response." Mildred Barthel

2 comments:

Karen said...

You've put a smile on my face--I know nothing about tennis, but I do know joy when I see it...

storyteller said...

Karen – I’m always happy to generate a smile (and/or laughter) because both are ‘healthy’ responses. Yup … joy is right!

The Fish-Nalbandian match was tense to the very end with Nalbandian taking the 2nd set in a tie-break after Mardy failed to convert a few ‘break points’ in several games … something that often causes Fish to lose his concentration and the match. The 3rd set was ‘exciting’ and went to a tie-break as well (something Nalbandian is better at than Fish) … but Mardy was victorious and will play Roger Federer in the Semi-Finals! This is all the more nifty since all the other Americans (especially Roddick and Blake who many thought might be in the ‘finals’ this year) are out of the running.

I hope you’re having a wonderful Easter weekend!
Hugs and blessings,