please remember to ...
A big thanks to Hootin' Anni who suggested I allow 'pop up' comments for the time being (since 'in line commenting' has stopped working) and it seems to solve the problem ... so now you can leave comments again! I do get by with a bit of help from my friends ;--)
"Uber Amazing Blog" award was shared along with the three awards below by CrackerJacks of Izzy 'n Emmy with the direction to share 7 Random Facts About Myself, so here goes:
1. I'm a native Californian ... born in a suburb of Los Angeles ... and have lived at the beach for the last 29 years.
2. My favorite color is blue, but I also love purple ... perhaps that's why I became a member of the Red Hat Society a few years ago.
3. I've been an avid reader all of my life. I collect & share quotes ... just because. I seldom go to movies and don't watch much television.
4. Although I own more pairs of shoes than I'd care to acknowledge, I'm almost always 'barefoot' whenever I'm at home.
5. I am (and have always been) an early riser. I awaken (w/o an alarm) and am up & moving by 4 to 4:30 most mornings. As a result, I'm headed upstairs for bed around 8:30 or 9 most evenings, though now that I'm happily retired ... I'm not usually asleep until 9:30 or 10pm.
6. I start the day brewing coffee from freshly ground beans ... no matter where I am. I bring my own coffee pot & beans with me when I travel ... just because.
7. I love to watch the sunrise through the French Doors of my living room as I meditate, read, and/or write in my journal.
I love so many blogs that, I'd like to pass along these awards to all of my readers. So, don't be shy, if you are a regular reader and enjoy visiting Sacred Ruminations, grab any or all of these awards for your wonderful blog. Let me know if you do and I'll be sure to come and see seven random facts about you and your family!
Thought for Today
"Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them." Francesco Guicciardini