I won't be participating in that meme today,
but I offer this ... just because.
1. The Presidential election has ended & there's optimism and change in the air even as our nation faces significant challenges ahead on many fronts. I pray often for the safety of Barack Obama & his family ... for a return to wise, purposeful & ethical actions on the part of all citizens as well as our political & corporate leaders ... and for sustainable peace within and between ourselves & others of all races, cultures, creeds, and/or individual differences.
2. I enjoyed creating three unique Blog Blasts for Peace and publishing one on each of my three blogs last Thursday. It's been wonderful visiting 'Peace Posts' on the blogs of so many others and I plan to visit more in the days & weeks ahead. Reading comments visitors have left about my own is heart-warming as well. If you missed them, you can click links below.
Sacred Ruminations- The Strength of Gentleness
Small Reflections-A Revolution of Music,
Blog Rolls & Bling - What if? (a Colorful Alternative to Bombs)
and last June:
Thirteen Thoughts on the Topic of Peace
Peace in Every Step
3. My writing buddy and my sister both called this morning (as I was creating this post actually, accounting for its late publication) ... and I enjoyed lengthy catch-up conversations with each.
4. Yesterday I met a couple of good friends for a pleasant visit over lunch at Duke's in Huntington Beach and we walked through the Craft Fair afterward. One is leaving town on Monday with her husband in their RV and plans to meet up with friends from North Carolina in Austin, Texas where my sister & her husband will join them as well.
5. I shared several awards recently with all my 'bloggy friends in
'All Over the World' & 'Bloggy Love Galore' ... and also in yesterday's Photo Hunt at Small Reflections. If you missed them, feel free to click on the links when time permits to gather them up to enjoy yourself and to pass along to others.
Blog Your Blessings logo
above Really Good Things.
click the logo below:
"Remember God's bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude!" Henry Ward Beecher