Bobbie of Almost There posted the following on her blog:
"As we prepare for our Thanksgiving holiday, let's remember the people of Mumbai, India tonight. Today there are bombings, shooting, and hostages held in that city. Please pray for our fellow members of the Family of Man. ... I would encourage anyone who has email access to bloggers in Mumbai to send a message just letting them know that we care. My contact has twice sent messages telling me how much he appreciates knowing that people in other parts of the world know and care and offer their support. I'm sure that we would feel the same way if roles were reversed."Although I don't have email access to anyone there, I'm passing her suggestion along ... just in case someone who DOES have such access might see this and respond. I hope you'll join us in prayer for peace in our world as we count our blessings on this day of remembrance.
1. I'm blessed with excellent teeth (unlike my sister) and that's a very good thing because (like many others), I spent decades dreading visits to the dentist because of bad experiences when I was a child ... but after breaking a tooth several years ago (on a tortilla chip at a Mexican restaurant) and discovering my regular dentist had retired, I set about the task of finding a new one.
After checking with friends for recommendations & discovering their dentists weren't taking new patients, I said a prayer & decided to call 800Dentist as a last resort. I shared my previous unpleasant experiences & the anxieties I felt, then asked for a referral to a dentist with gentle hands, a kind demeanor and the best skills. That's how I found Dr. C ... (the best dentist ever), and I'm exceedingly grateful!
2. We've gotten some much needed rain (finally) in Southern California ... and fortunately it hasn't generated mudslides in the burn areas.
3. I'm grateful for 'bloggy friends & acquaintances' who have provided assistance during the 13 months I've been in the Blogosphere ... pointing the way for me to learn how to use basic HTML codes to modify my blogs, comments, and graphics. There's much more to be learned, but a year ago I had no clue what new skills & knowledge about blogging that this past year would bring ... and today (having just solved the 'comment visibility' issues at my new WordPress site), I'm delighted to have encountered all my 'virtual friends' and I wish each of you the best Thanksgiving Day ever (if you celebrate this holiday) or the most delightful day doing whatever you choose today! This is for everyone ... just because ;--)
4. When time permits, you might enjoy some 'advice' on How to Stay Young that I received in email and shared at my new WordPress site, Happily Retired Storyteller, yesterday.
5. Finally, my "Giving Thanks Challenge' list of what I'm thankful for is my sidebar at Small Reflections ... currently at 27 and counting.
I plan to transfer the list from my sidebar to a post on the last day of the month, then start anew for December ... just because. I've also shared several awards there today for all my regular visitors on either blog. Feel free to drop by, snag, enjoy, & share any or all when time permits.
Thought for Today
"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds." Theodore Roosevelt