"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, June 20, 2008

HF #48 - Running Late but Feeling Grateful and Sharing a bit of Love Today


Scroll down for my 1st Attitude of Gratitude post!

I'm multi-tasking with
Thanks to Scylla at Law & Motherhood for this cool Haiku button

Posting later than
usual because I've made

Blog alterations!


I'll explain in my
Haiku Friday 49

at Small Reflections

just as soon as I
finish and publish my post.
Have you heart of this?

~ ~ ~

Attitude of Gratitude

Some time ago while meandering in the Blogosphere ...(using the One Single Impression 'feed' in Google Reader before my computer started giving me problems) ... I encountered this 'logo' and saved it with the intention of participating. I don't recall whether or not I ever did so ... and my computer won't let me 'check' at the moment without locking up and shutting down.

In any case, I've decided to share it today here and am hoping I'll be able to track down the 'source' to add a link at some point because (although I've experienced a few 'challenges' lately ... I've also been blessed in lovely ways and that's what I choose to focus my attention on today, just as I did in my previous post ... 7 Really Good Things.

Here are 3 more Really Good Things!

1. It's been a while since I've spent any time on the 'deck' above my garage, but when I went up there on Monday (to see what or who Molly was barking at in the alley) ... I noticed the most amazing thing. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to fetch my camera initially, but instead I picked these.


Apparently some birds 'planted' the seeds for me in an 'abandoned' planter, and we got adequate rain to nurture the plant enough produce these cherry tomatoes. Who knew? They taste delicious ... even though THIS is what the poor neglected tomato plant on my deck actually looks like. I've added some water and will watch to see what happens next ;--)


2. Recently, Rhonda (who sometimes goes as Chuck) shared her photographic creativity in a last Wednesday's Wordless Wednesday post and asked readers to guess what the subject might be. She made and bestowed THIS nifty award on those of us who guessed 'in the ballpark' ... and I'm oh so proud of myself ;--)


A while before that, Chuck passed this Sharing The Love Award along to me. It was created by Memoirs of A Mommy in honor the donor who saved her son Noah's life with a heart transplant. Her hopes are that we can create more awareness of the importance of organ donation by passing this award onto others.

I'd like to share both of these awards today with all who drop by ... and I hope you'll share the love with your blogging buddies too. We all enjoy 'link-love' and comments ... just because ;--)
The rules of this award are: SHARE THE LOVE!!! Share this award with all those blogs out there that you love. All the people who make you smile. All those that make you laugh. All those that make your day. All those that leave uplifting comments on your blog. **All I ask, is that you include a link to this post with the award and ask your recipient to do the same**
3. According to Dell, the 'status' of my order is 'still in production' ... and according to Patricia (who took my order on the 12th of June), it's still 'scheduled to ship on time' ... although a company that supplies Dell with batteries has experienced a 'major fire' ... resulting in 'some of the battery quantities being backlogged' ... but I'm hoping for the best and holding nothing but positive thoughts as I struggle along with this sold, old 'workhorse' of a machine ... doing what I can to 'fix' issues with my blogs and visiting others when it will allow me to do so.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday Addendum: 4:50 am
I've added a 'click-able link' to Mama Om's
Attitude of Gratitude graphic above
(where you'll find more info and directions),
and here's a link to others participating this week.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays

go to A Mommy Story or
Playgroups are no Place for Children.

To see more previous Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or in the sidebar under About Me.


Thought for Today
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." Winston Churchill

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the computer on schedule! ;)

Momisodes said...

I love cherry tomatoes :) Those look delicious! I love all that you've done to the blogs. Seems like you've been managing pretty well with the old workhorse ;) But I'm sure you're anxiously awaiting the newer, faster machine.

Joyce said...

Good afternoon, Storyteller.

I like the "Attitude of Gratitude" graphic, and do hope you find out if that is a meme in which we can participate. :)

Hope your new Dell arrives on time! What fun you will have with a better tool. :)

storyteller said...

Karen – Thanks so much. I’m fairly resigned to the fact that it’s not likely to arrive early, but am hopeful it will get here within the time frame promised ... and that would be next Thursday.

Sandy – I love them too … and they WERE delicious. Yes, I certainly am. See more at the bottom of this response ;--)

Joyce – I thought you might enjoy this one. Actually, I’ve added a click-able link to the graphic itself and have a link to those participating this week at the end of MY three things … so you should be able to find Mama-Om and the other participants easily now.

To all - I probably could have waited to make changes … but holding back once and idea grips me has never been easy for me. In the HEAT WAVE we’ve experienced the past few days, I’ve had to just turn the laptop off to cool down periodically … usually when it shuts itself down. That said … I’ve accomplished a great deal on my NEW blog … and like the way it looks as well as what’s available there. I don’t know if anyone but me will ever see it, but it’s been a labor of love (except for those incredibly frustrating times it just froze up on me in the middle of something. Sigh!

As for the new machine, I’m trying to relax and be patient … but some times are harder than others. I can’t open Google Reader at the moment and my G-mail freezes up so that nothing will open … especially after the machine’s been on a while … so I’ll be playing ‘catch-up’ for a while after I get it up and running.

Thanks to each of you for your positive thoughts ;--)
Hugs and blessings.

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I hope your Dell arrives on time!

That is amazing about the cherry tomatoes. They look delicious. :-)

Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks … and me too ;--)
It’s been so HOT in So Cal these past few days that the old one heats up quickly and starts to S L O W D O W N BIG TIME. It’s not quite 4:30am and it’s only been on about a half hour, but it’s already making me SWEAT to sit near it even though it’s cool outside and all the windows are open right now. I’m hoping it’ll get here by Thursday as promised initially, but the ‘status page’ still reads ‘in production’ so I may be kidding myself. Oh well … what will be, will be. Thanks for dropping by and have a blessed Sunday!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Hi Storyteller!
Thanks for participating in Attitude of Gratitude! It was nice to read your post and like everyone else, I, too LOVE cherry tomatoes and hope you get your computer back post haste :)

Happy Summer!
Stacy

storyteller said...

Stacy (Mama-Om) – Participating was my pleasure, and thanks for the return visit. As for my computer, it’s still ‘in production’ this morning on the ‘status board’ … so I guess I’ll won’t have it tomorrow after all. I’m trying to relax and be patient … hoping this old workhorse will hang in there a while longer. I wish you a peace filled day … every day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,