1. I've added this as #1 at the top and 'renumbered' the rest because I learned finally how to get the photos and text 'lined up' (sort of) the way I'd like. I hope doing so doesn't mess up what comes below. Blogger certainly doesn't make this task easy ... but it's a measure of how much I've learned in these first 7 months of blogging to succeed. Just compare THIS post with one of my first ... where photos went wherever they wanted despite my best attempts to 'arrange' them to see what I mean.
I apologize to anyone who happened by whilst I was working on this task ... because the only way I could make it work was to publish it multiple times ... and look at it in one window while editing it in another. If anyone knows a simpler way, I'm open to suggestions ... and if anyone has questions for me, I'm happy to share what I've discovered through trial and error.
2. I find a few fresh strawberries each day in my yard and they taste soooo good! Makes me think I could go buy some new plants to add to my garden ... and maybe I will ;--)
3. The 'gopher' seems to have moved on without destroying the roots of my Hydrangea ...(or any other plants in my yard)... and for this I'm grateful.
I took THIS photo late yesterday afternoon, but shared a 'collage' (made with Photoshop rather than Picasa) of the 'evolution' of this Hydrangea at Small Reflections on Wednesday of last week.
4. My roses are coming back and getting ready to bloom all over again this Spring ...
and (although I don't recall the name of this flowering potted plant, it's finally come back and started to bloom with some measure of regularity ... though the flowers don't last long when they do show up.
5. It's such fun to watch Labs play with one another. I shared a photo earlier this morning at Small Reflections of Jenke & Molly 'pausing to catch their breath' after playing together on Saturday afternoon.
This afternoon they played together again ... then Jenke's dad offered them healthy treats with Glucosamine, otherwise known as 'joint juice' ... and they both waited with 'manners' for their snack. Aren't they sweet?
6. While sitting on my front patio ... breathing and taking in the beauty of my Hydrangea and the returning roses (after Molly & Jenke played for the 3rd day in a row), I snapped these two photos late yesterday afternoon.
I'm delighted to have discovered my digital camera can take 'close-up' photos like this ... something I didn't realize it could do. I'm still not totally sure just how I was able to capture the full moon like this, but I intend to experiment until I figure it all out and can do it consistently.
7. As I shared at Small Reflections in my 47th Haiku Friday - Anticipation ...
I've ordered and am awaiting the arrival of this new Dell machine ... and I'm hopeful that my 'computer woes' will end once it gets here (on or before June 26th) and I get it up & running.
How about that Tiger Woods? One wonders how he manages to do this time & again. I'm happy to be around today to catch the final round and hope they both play well.
For family members, friends & neighbors who experienced frustration in game 4 and held their breath in game 5 ... 'Go Lakers!'
My heart goes out to all those affected by the flooding in the Midwest ... to the family of Tim Russert (along with all of us who will miss his presence on Sundays) ... and to everyone dealing with difficulty today. May God bless, keep, and give us peace ... now and always.
Thought for Today
"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you?'" William A. Ward