2. Thursday evening I met a friend (who I'd not seen in many months) for dinner and afterwards we attended a wonderful outdoor Jazz Concert at the Muckenthaler Cultural Center in Fullerton. I'm delighted we had this opportunity to spend time together and 'catch up' in the course of the evening, but I didn't arrive home until almost midnight and felt relieved that I was able to sleep in Friday morning ... one of the benefits of retirement.
3. My new Dell laptop has been 'shipped' and is on its way ... though I haven't yet heard from DHL Express just when to expect it's arrival. I'm hoping for an early delivery on Monday.
In case you missed my previous post, this is the machine I ordered 18 days ago ... and I'm hopeful that my 'computer woes' will end once it gets here. It was supposed to arrive on or before last Thursday (June 26th) ... but apparently a massive fire in a battery plant last March created supply challenges for Dell. It would have been nice to know this 'up front' ... but all's well that ends well.
4. I've enjoyed watching tennis matches from Wimbledon (recorded on my DVR while I was in class last week), and am finally caught up since there's no play on 'the middle Sunday' of this Championship. Play resumes tomorrow, and I'll be here watching the 'round of sixteen' matches (as long as the weather there remains dry).
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)
Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) vs. Chakvetadze (RUS)
Venus Williams (USA) vs. Alisa Kleybanova (RUS)
Serena Williams (USA) vs. Bethanie Mattek (USA)
Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. Leyton Hewitt (Australia)
Mikhail Youzhny (Russia) vs. Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Marat Safin (Russia) vs. Stanislas Wawrinka (Swiss)
Richard Gasquet (of France) vs. Andy Murray (the Scotsman claimed by Great Britain now that Tim Hennman has retired)
In addition to these there are 8 more singles matches, along with Mens and Womens Doubles (and Mixed Doubles) play ... so it promises to be an excellent day.
5. While it's disappointing that Andy Roddick, James Blake, and the other American men aren't there for week 2 ... with the Williams sisters on separate sides of 'the draw' (and Bethanie Mattek, another American woman left standing) ... it's possible to have an All -American women's Championship match, and that's very cool.
6. Happily, I'm enjoying my Photoshop Elements Classes still, and learning more each week. We're beginning to use our own photos in our projects as we practice using the tools. I'll share some of those one day next week in a separate post rather than trying to do it today.
7. With Lucy, the Golden Doodle visiting in the neighborhood this week (featured in Camera Critters #12 at Small Reflections), Molly's a happier pooch because she had lots of doggie play time each day.
go to My Blog Rolls and/or click on the logo
at the top of this post.
click the logo below:
Thought for Today
"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence.' Albert Ellis