"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, June 28, 2008

Photo Hunt #7 Bright ... and 'mouse' musings


This is my 7th ...
(but the 1st 6 are at Small Reflections)
Today's theme is Bright

After the rain came ...
Bright Skies
Click for other Photo Hunt participants today.
(Next week's theme is: Pointed)
~ ~ ~

I happened upon
the Blogthing below at Misty Dawn's last week
but because I was overly busy, I
didn't actually take the Quiz
until this morning ...

and when these results showed up I experienced surprise ... almost skipped sharing this one at all ... but then decided to reminisce a bit about 'my mouse persona' of yesteryear ... musing in personal reflection mode to see what comes up ... something I've not done here in quite a while.

You Were a Mouse


You quietly examine life's lessons
and see multiple meanings in things.


You are also good at discovering details and
remaining in the background.


What Animal Were You In a Past Life?

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien (1971) has long been one of my favorite children's books, and for a long time I strongly identified with the main character ... a mouse by the name of Mrs. Frisby who rises to the occasion in a big way ... discovering she's able to face her fears & handle dangerously challenging situations in resourceful ways. In fact, I adopted a variation of her name as the 'handle' I used when I first explored online interaction ... way back before the World Wide Web existed as the Internet we know and love today.

I believe it serendipitous today that I'm reminded of this currently, and although I anticipated being some sort of canine critter, methinks I'm okay with the finding of 'mouse' ... and the two descriptors do feel like a 'fit' as I type this now. I'm glad to be reminded that I, like Mrs. Frisby, have risen to the occasion whenever I've faced MY fears ... and that's a good think to know.

Thought for Today
"If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it." Toni Morrison

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cloud pictures!! Very pretty! Great images for a PhotoHunt!


Mine is up as well!

Liz Hinds said...

Great collage of sky photos.

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely sky shots. A bright spot in my day!

Snap Catch said...

Nice catch for this week theme, Happy weekend! Mine's up too hope you can drop by.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky shots. Great job.

Happy Hunting. Thanks for stopping by.

philos said...

How appropriate (the picture and the mouse thing)... great observation and great capture. :)

NicciN said...

How interesting. Love the sky photos. Just went to try the past life animal. It said I was a horse. You can't be fenced in - you long to run free.
You are good at overcoming obstacles and realizing your potential.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I like the progression i oft think it might be fun to try taking once an hour and posting the progression

Joyce said...

I was a crow, but since it was just based upon my birth date, maybe the answers are random? Those little quizzes are fun, anyhow.

Your sky photos are lovely. :)

SandyCarlson said...

That's a lovely collage!

Barb said...

Your collage is wonderful! I've got to try that sometime!

Eve said...

You Were a Dog
You are an excellent companion and a loyal friend.
A good protector, you smell trouble before it arrives.

I expected to be the mouse - you and I so frequently coincide on these things. I'm still thinking about the smelling trouble part, but I think it mostly fits.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wow! The white brightness in your cloud pics is almost blinding! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Pretty shots of the sky. And the collage is perfectly done. Don't we just love looking at the skies after the rain?

xoxo said...

wow! love the sky pics ;-)

storyteller said...

MadameMeow, Liz, Vixen, Snap Catch, Crazy Working Mom, Philos, Marcia, SandyCarlson, WillThink4Wine, Greyscale Territory, Mama Meji, and Sexy Momma
I appreciate each of you dropping by my 1st Photo Hunt here at Sacred Ruminations. I enjoyed sharing my ‘cloud collage’ here and reading your comments this morning. It was fun to visit others on Saturday (while waiting and hoping my new laptop would arrive) to see how they interpreted the theme this week too. If I’ve not yet been to yours, I’ll be by later this afternoon (or tomorrow), but this morning I’m off to my Photoshop Elements class.

Yertle, Joyce and Eve
I’m delighted you each decided to ‘play along’ with the Quiz and share your results here in comments. We’re quite a group aren’t we … a mouse, horse, crow, and dog ;--)

To all - I hope you all had a Marvelous Monday and the rest of the week brings many interesting experiences and joys.
Hugs and blessing,