"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Monday, June 30, 2008

It's HERE and I'm DELIGHTED!!!

... not to mention DISTRACTED!
Here they are side by side ... old and new.Both are Inspirons, but the
old Dell has 15" and the new a 17" monitor.

cluttered old desktop

uncluttered new desktop.

The new monitor seems 'brighter'
in addition to being larger.
I've got my blogs open side by side on the old ...
and the new!
Whooppeeee! I'm definitely a happy camper as I play
with my new toy! More to follow ;--)

Thought for Today
"Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations." Faith Baldwin

9 comments:

NicciN said...

How exciting. I am so happy for you.

Momisodes said...

Hoooray!!! I'm so glad you finally received it! It looks wonderful :) That is so funny you thought your older desktop was cluttered...please don't ever peek at mine ;)

May your new computer bring you many, many years of happy use!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Yay! Have fun!

Joyce said...

This is so exciting! What a wonderful new tool you have to work with now. :)

storyteller said...

Yertle, Sandy, MPJ and Joyce
Thanks for dropping by and celebrating along with me. I love, love, love my new Dell laptop already … though I’m sure I’ll be learning about it for a quite while. It’s FAST … and once I get used to the new keyboard & mouse things will be even better. I hate to leave it to go to my Photoshop class this morning, but know it’ll be here when I return and I am loving all I’m learning in that class. Hope you’re all having a wonderful week! I’ll be by to visit later this afternoon.
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

Nice computer, and the screen does look brighter on the new one. I bought a new Vista laptop a couple of months ago, and the screen is brighter on it than my old ones. Maybe it's a Vista thing.

storyteller said...

Betty – Thanks for dropping by for a peek at my new machine. Methinks the brighter monitor is more a function of new vs. old technology than Vista vs. XP Pro.
I bought that other machine in April of 2002 and
6 years is a long time for a laptop like it to last. I’m wondering which brand of laptop with Vista you bought. I do recall you had some problems initially, but I don’t recall what they were. Seems as though things have been fine for you lately. Hope you’re having a wonderful week.
Hugs and blessings,

Raven said...

Congratulations! Finally! Have fun!

storyteller said...

Raven – Thanks! I’m loving it more each day as I learn new things about it … and I'm excited to see all the things it does automatically (that my old laptop didn’t) because everything’s a little easier and goes more smoothly. The MAIN THING, however, is it’s FAST! I don’t have to sit and wait for anything any longer. Everything just pops up right away and I’m good to go! Pretty nifty. Thanks for dropping by and sharing my joy ;--)
Hugs and blessings,