"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, June 7, 2008

One Single Impression #14 - Freedom


The prompt for Week 14: Freedom

Discovering these
views ... then sitting quietly
created freedom

within heart & mind
for the week in Taos ... and
spilled onto each page

leading me to risk
sharing what I write without
feeling old constraints.
.


Similarly my
PSE class opens up
possibilities

for exploration
with real freedom ... easily
I made THIS today

using photos I
captured in New Mexico
and am delighted!


Thought for Today
"We feel free when we escape -- even if it be but from the frying pan into the fire." Eric Hoffer

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice posting my friend.I hope that you are haveing a great day,That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

SandyCarlson said...

That is candid, tender, beautiful. Thanks for being a special part of One Single Impression, Storyteller.
Writing in Faith: Poems

Raven said...

I'm delighted too! Wonderful freedom post.

Roswila said...

What delightful photos. Really needed to see these after a hard busy day. :-)

Anonymous said...

'without
feeling old constraints'_is to me a very nice idea of freedom..thank u..

Pamela said...

I concur: nice, delightful, wonderful, tender, plus appreciated!

Joyce said...

Your collage is SO lovely! I really like it, and look forward to seeing more of your handiwork. :)

Momisodes said...

I love it. You are really using those new skills to great use. This is so creative :)

Karen said...

That's really neat, what you're now able to do with your photos. They were good pics to start with, but they look even better with interesting presentation.

Phyl said...

Can u tell me more about the graphics class you are taking? I am considering doing one, too. You make beautiful graphics:).

Unknown said...

Very lovely! New Mexico is beautiful!

storyteller said...

Thank you all for visiting and sharing your supportive responses on my latest OSI haiku and PSE collage. I do feel as if I’m neglecting Sacred Ruminations these days and need to rethink my priorities … yet with my current schedule I’m not sure what changes I’ll be able to make any time soon.

I’m grateful for all of the One Single Impression prompts because that keeps me publishing here at least once a week. These last two (Reflecting and Freedom) led me to revisit my Writer’s Retreat experiences … and with my PSE projects … remind me why I started blogging. I do want to get back to that here without allowing ‘old habits’ or ‘constraints’ to hold me back.

For Week 15’s theme Pets, I’m hoping to find and share a poem I wrote decades ago after the death of my Beagle, Charly. In fact … methinks I’ll conduct that search right now before I get too busy to think.

I hope you’re all experiencing a peace-filled day, every day.
Hugs and blessings,