"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Sunday, June 22, 2008

BYBS #7 - OSI Week 16 - Sacred Life Sunday

Yes ... I'm multi-tasking big time
hoping to catch up and get myself back on track,
though I realize I'm a week behind with OSI.
Better late than never, right?

I'm getting an earlier start this morning ... have just finished posting twice at Small Reflections -- Camera Critters & Unconscious Mutterings and Belated Saturday 'Stuph' -- and hope you'll visit when time permits.

This old workhorse of a laptop is hanging in there pretty well as long as I exercise P A T I E N C E and don't try to rush anything. Waiting until late afternoon hasn't worked too well ... especially in this unusual HEAT! I'm trying to use it all as a meditation somehow ... and that leads me to

Transience or Permanence

'And it came to pass ...'
Biblical phrase that reminds
me that all things change.

~ ~ ~

12 killed in Iraq
and Afghanistan this week
5 were just 19

4 in their 20s
2 in their 30s and the
last one was 40.

How many more lives
must be lost before we learn
war is obsolete?

Blog Blast for Peace
June 4, 2008

Have you visited
those who Blogged for Peace in June?
Mine are here and here.


For others who 'Blog Their Blessings'
go to My Blog Rolls and/or click on the logo
at the top of this post.


For those who participate in Sacred Life Sunday
click the logo below:

I left 'Bling' for everyone here and here.
Feel free to 'snag' ... enjoy ... and pass it along.


Thought for Today
"It's not so much that we're aftraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear .... It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to." Marilyn Ferguson

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for the reminder about lives STILL being lost in Iraq...it's so easy to forget from the comfort of our homes.

CyberCelt said...

According to John McCain, the US will stay in Iraq for 100 years if needed. I believe mothers will riot long before then.

Paulie said...

It's hard to wait but patience teaches us many lessons and is indeed a blessing. I hope you get the computer real soon! Come read about my blessing. . .

Anonymous said...

Maybe when we ALL learn to live and let live. You hear Mr. President,do you Hear me Iran,do you understand Arab and Christian worlds.and last but not least.Do you HEAR ME Jewish peopleof the world,Oh yeh I forget the communists . Than and only than will we see the need for war no longer! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.I now depart my soapbox. God's blessings to all.

storyteller said...

Karen – You’re more than welcome. Sometimes I feel ‘moved’ to share something specific … and that’s what happened when I started to create this post. The idea I’d intended to write about flitted out of mind as I glanced at the TV and saw the 12 names scroll by … and I let myself go with it, adding the links to the Peace Blasts and Globes just because. Reading it again now, it almost catches me by surprise as I wonder who wrote that? Strange how my fingers seem to have a mind of their own sometimes … just like when I write with my left hand in my journal.

CyberCelt – I hope mothers (and everyone else) will rise up before that! I’m tired of wars fought ‘in God’s name’ … as if we’re not all one. Such craziness!!!

Paulie – Ah yez. This lesson in patience arises often in my life … which is why I try to use it as a meditation. I’ll be over shortly if my computer will cooperate, but I may need to turn it off a while and give it a rest first because it’s awfully warm this afternoon again.

Mike – Amen and Blessed Be! It’s time to get this one figured out and live together on this planet … peacefully.

To all – Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing your thoughts. I’ll visit soon … but first I’m giving this laptop a break and taking Molly for a short walk to get her to leave me alone. I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and blessings,