"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 24 A "linear" version of yesterday's Visual Poem -- with some editorial modifications (My Sacred Life)

I searched my files (with considerable difficulty because I'm not the most organized soul on this earth) and finally found this revised version of the piece posted yesterday. I used this "transcription" on an "Holiday Card" sent to family and friends in 2000. As I recall, the shape poem appeared inside the card (on the right) and this (on the left) ... much the way I've envisioned publishing them at some point.


birth

laughter

joy ... delight

clutching

grasping

holding tight

choking

suffocating

leaving

searching for new ways of breathing

climbing ... slipping

fear-filled falling

tired of the truth, but stalling

wandering through dark illusions

sorting through the odd confusions

meeting others ... re-engaging

linearly aging

yet repeating all the prior

self-defeating but familiar

habits

growing ill … unaware

but beginning to remember

and believe

as each December

rolls around

the Christmas story

reestablishes the glory

bringing with it awe and wonder

gentle rain

lighting

thunder

fear recedes

and love re-enters

A Course in Miracles re-centers

reminding

“nothing real can hurt us

nothing unreal exists

therein lies the peace of God”

remembrance makes way for miracles

as we step back in faith and love.


No comments: