"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, April 18, 2009

Purple Photo Hunt and Today's Flowers


Click for two other Purple Flower Photo Hunt Posts
at Happily Retired Gal & Small Reflections today too
...
This week’s theme is - PURPLE
my favorite color ;--)
Click collage to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Photo Hunt and Today's Flowers.
See also my Today's Flowers posts
at Small Reflections
and Happily Retired Gal

Thought for Today
"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
Elwyn Brooks White, Essays of E.B. White, 1977

14 comments:

Ebie said...

These are beautiful series of flower shots! Pretty in purple!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

SR: What a nice look at the roses, what a neat collage of photos.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Beautiful flowers! I did purple, too. I hope you have time to see! http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-purple/

Naturegirl said...

Love your thought for today...so true! The flowers are exquisette!
I so love the quote on your header!!I think that we are like minded people! Pleased to meet you!

Tara R. said...

Those are gorgeous. A lovely shade of purple!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely grouping of purple flowers. I especially love the roses.

Stop by and see mine if you have the chance.
JyLnC's Purple

PERBS said...

A lovely collage!

Joyce said...

I've never read any of E.B. White's essays. I had no idea what a forward thinking person he was. How often we see that "natural" is best. What comes to mind at this moment is breast feeding, especially 70 to 80 years ago when non-breastfeeding mothers would mix some canned milk, water and Karo corn syrup and call that good food for their newborns. I recall my paternal grandma telling me about that.

Kahshe Cottager said...

A collage of purple beauty - it makes me happy to see it!

Kat said...

Great flowers! Purple is my favorite color :)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow, beautiful color! Not always an easy color to capture.

Anonymous said...

What a nice collection of photos. These flowers are such a beautiful shade of purple.

Tulip said...

love the purple flowers. so lovely!

Michelle said...

Gosh, how I love purple. It's my favorite color too. Such beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing the beauty.