"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Morning Musings ... Miscellaneous Memes


Scroll down for Color Carnival, Midweek Blues,
Haiku Sky Watch Friday, Camera Critters, Pet Pride,
Weekend Reflections and Shadow Shots too ...

Belatedly Celebrating my 500th Post
in this my 502nd here at Sacred Ruminations

1. The weather has been lovely lately. I've spent considerable time cleaning up weeds and pulling out spent Nasturtiums & Irises the past few days to make room for new bedding plants, but I've not yet decided what to add. I left a few interesting 'mutants' ... just for the JOY of it ! Aren't they colorful ...

Snag this  for  your sidebar and/or your Color Carnival entries...




Love the little ladybug visitor here ...

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Color Carnival

2. This NEXT 'mutant' was photographed after some recent drizzles ... before the winds. I do love the droplets and the reddish color of the petals and am sharing Just for the JOY of it!



3. The Nasturtiums below grow in my neighbor's garden where there's more shade than in my yard ... but I noticed she's getting some interesting 'mutant's too. I like the way the light gets 'filtered' in her yard ... creating interesting shadows and larger leaves that in my own yard ;-)




Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Shadow Shots

4. Here are a couple of views of my 'Yard Art' discovery this week from around the neighborhood ...


Wooden Tiki God
amidst the Gazanias ...
orange & yellow blooms


Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others sharing Yard Art on Thursdays

5. We've had mostly beautiful BLUE skies for the past week ... with just a few scattered clouds that ended up over the mountains off in the distance.



lovely skies this week
here in California
... delightfully blue ;-)



Molly's hoping Layla will come out to play!

Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Midweek Blues,
Sky Watch & Haiku Friday



6. Because my D-Link wireless router finally gave up the ghost for good, I've set up a new wireless network in my home using a Home Valet from Cisco. They've certainly made it simpler than it used to be to do such a thing. The system comes with a flash drive referred to as a 'key' that pretty much does the set up for one and any changes I made got saved to the 'key' so that if anything happens, I won't have to make them again. Pretty nifty ;-)

7. My strawberry patch is producing a few berries ... they're small but tasty!






8. If you missed my 'security alert' at Small Reflections yesterday and you use copy machines, you might want to check it out ... just because. Awareness of 'what is' might help YOU protect yourself from now on.


9. Molly often watches the dogs walking across the street longingly, but knows better than to go into the street herself ... even when Aloha forgets the rulez and runs across the street.




10. Her good behavior was rewarded this time as the dog walkers noticed her and decided to come visit for a while.




11. After some playful activity, all the fur-kids took refuge in the shade of this palm tree to rest a while ...



12. Then Molly & Aloha watched as their friends headed on their way again.



Click to embiggen for better viewing and for
others participating in Camera Critters and Pet Pride

13. I couldn't resist snapping some 'reflections' of the doggies in a parked car and some flowers too ... sharing here just for the JOY of it.





Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in Weekend Reflections
Thursday Thirteen and Just for the JOY of it


Hope you're all having a delightful day
and that you have a wonderful weekend too!

Thought for Today
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative." Woody Allen

34 comments:

Regina said...

Beautiful and amazing photos!
Happy SWF and weekend reflections.
Have a lovely day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The mutants, whatever they are, are lovely. I like the darker one better. Sometimes "mixed breeds" can be much prettier and more agreeable than pure breeds. I just love those round leaves in your neighbor's yard! And that Tiki God would frighten anyone from messing with the flowers!! Love the dog and flower reflections in the car, one picture has a double dog reflection! Wow, you have a tall palm tree in front of your house! Keep up the great posting!!

Kim, USA said...

As always you have beautiful photos here. The poppies are really beautiful and the dogs looks like they all have fun and you got a great weather too. Happy weekend!

SkyWatchFriday

Sylvia K said...

So much beautiful color! Lovely skies and beautiful flowers and cute doggies! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Frances said...

Hey hi - I know you from my wordpress blog - blogjem.
As always lovely photos.
Waving at you from New York

Alice Audrey said...

That's quite the pack of dogs to have to manage all at once.

Tumblewords: said...

I'm so glad I stopped by today. You have a happy post - as always - love the blue sky, the mutants and the ever playful dogs! The yard art is perfectly neat.

Suburban Girl said...

I love those mutants and their visitors. But whose little pomeranian is in that photo. I love it...(s)he looks just like mine.

Jim said...

Hi HRG, yes I can this is the time to be living in SoCal!
Happy CameraCritters, ColorCarnival, Haiku Friday, JustForJoy, MidweekBlues, PetPride, ShadowShotSunday, SkyWatch, Thursday Thirteen, WeekendReflections, and YardArt!

I can only handle MidWeek Blues for now. I used to do SkyWatch but it tried to carry me away.

Adi stays in her yard even when her 'friends' come by. Most of their walkers will bring them to our side of the street. I don't trust Katrin, she will cross the street to see anothe dog friend.
..
BTW, Adi is feeling Blue along with me this week. Why don't you drop in on her to cheer her up a little bit. Thanks. :)
..

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful series of photos! the dogs are my favorites and then the flowers are just gorgeous. Love the cool yard art, very nice photos!

Barb said...

What a good girl Molly is - she knows better than to venture into that street even with temptations. Glad some doggy pals visited her anyway! None of my Nasturtiums came up this spring - I guess they don't winter well here!

Animor said...

You have lovely series of photos of all memes, love the dogs with their mates looks fun, the strawberries I'm going to pick them i love it. The skies were beautiful and the dalmation reflection is fantastic.

Have a lovely weekend.

GardenOfDaisies said...

The nasturtiums are lovely! They remind me of my childhood!! Your dog was great... when all those dogs came up for a "visit", just sat there as calm as anything! WOW. And that was sure a shiny car to get that much reflection of the dogs and flowers!! :-)

Jeannette StG said...

Love all your flowers -I like the lighter ones more!
You have been outside more than I have -and haven't even looked at the skies lately, because I've been so busy with painting, but I'm going to San Diego for Mothers day -that should make up for it!

Kcalpesh said...

The flowers look lovely! The yard art also is very creative!

Pixellicious Photos

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I always love your combo-meme posts and this was no exception. I spied a lady-bug on that one mutant nasturtium!

Congrats on your blogging anniversary -- all interesting posts on this blog not to mention the others you maintain. You are appreciated!!

Momisodes said...

I sure does look like the weather has been lovely there! Those skies and blooms look wonderful. I'm hoping some of my strawberries will turn up this year too.

Dianne said...

there is so much beauty here to comment on!
I have to go with the dogs!! I LOVE the shot of all of them together under the tree, so precious

James said...

These are really nice shots. The tiki reminds me of years ago when they and orange trees were all over orange county. Not so much anymore. I love the reflections too.

Have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

Lovely photos from the sun shine city. Beautiful clear skies. So blue and vibrant. Great weather for the outdoor activities.

Sharon Wagner said...

I like the photo of the pretty flower with the beetle inside.

Snap said...

Wonderful photos. Molly looks happy with her friends!

i beati said...

peppy nasturtiums and the gang of pups always makes me smile a lot sandy

Chubskulit Rose said...

Great meme combinations!

Mother Goose says happy mother's day!

Tina said...

looks like someone has got their hands full with all those doggies lol! love white dogs.

My entry is at my Mummy Diaries blog. Hope you can stop by :)

KaHolly said...

As always, a fun post, chuck-a-lucka full of lost of goodies! ~karen

DeniseinVA said...

This is a great post, so many lovely photographs!

Hey Harriet said...

That tiki is funny! And I love best of all the doggie photos. They look like they're having such a fun time hanging out together! I hope you have a great week!

Dick said...

All nice shots, those flowers are beautiful, I love the color.

Serendipity said...

Some great shadows there! And I love the dog shots!

Martha said...

All such great shots! Love the color carnival shots and love the tiki guy and all the animal sots too! :-)

"Lillagul" said...

Beutiful photos on the flowers and fun to see the photos on all these dogs !
Have a nice week !

Linda :) said...

Here via color carnival... so pretty...
all the photos are wonderful... :)

Karen said...

What an EXUBERANT post this is--I can feel so much energy emanating from it! Beautiful!!