"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Thursday, October 9, 2008

SkyWatch#15 - HF#80 More Variable Weather


Neighborhood photos
snapped at the same time of day
over just one week

illustrate changes
in our weather once again.
No signs of 'Fall' here!

Three photos above
shared in last week's Sky Watch post
... yet by Saturday

foggy conditions
increased as in those below
snapped mid-afternoon.

Two days later the
skies turned clear & blue ... not a
cloud in view at all

bringing a heat wave
for the past few days ... until
Thursday afternoon

when the clouds rolled in
and looked threatening without
bringing any rain.

Challenging to guess
what we might experience
next. The weather man

seems to think that rain
isn't likely any time
in the near future.

Windy conditions
inland off the desert and
'hurricane' down south

headed north to the
coast of Mexico ... Who knows
what might happen next?

Note: As always, clicking on the images will 'biggify' them for better viewing.
For others participating in Haiku Friday this week go to A Mommy Story. To see my previous Haikus, click on the Haiku Friday label below this post or in the sidebar.

Thought for Today
"The circumstances of the world are so variable that an irrevocable purpose or opinion is almost synonymous with a foolish one."
William H. Seward

15 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

Your weather looks more pleasant than ours! They are calling for rain and maybe SNOW this weekend. Yuck.

Mike Golch said...

just stopped by to say hi,and wish you a great day.

Jenn in Holland said...

Fascinating, isn't it? I am so amazed with the changing weather. And a little scared.

Anonymous said...

Wow, crazy how much the same sky can change.

kjpweb said...

Very cool comparison shots! Great SWF Post!
Cheers, Klaus

siteseer said...

We're supposed to have a gorgeous weekend. Nice post and pictures.

SandyCarlson said...

I love what you've done here, Storyteller. The changes are dramatic and wonderful. Nice compositions.

Jane Hards Photography said...

The sky is just so wonderful how it's constantly changing, just as these lovely images show.

Patsy said...

What interesting photos. Weather is so *unpredictable* isn't it!

Unknown said...

I know we're miles apart but our weather was much the same this week. :) I thought all the cloudy days full of rain were going to drive me nuts.

Roan said...

The weather keeps on the edge of our chair. One never knows when it will turn savage. Still, I love the dark brooding clouds best. BJ

Michelle said...

Looks like you're having some crazy weather. I just love the picture of the tree's in the fog.

Joyce said...

What interesting sky "scenery" you have there. Foggy days and palm trees seem incongruous to me.

I do hope you get your needed rain, though. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Your peace globe has been placed in The Peace Globe Gallery.
You are officially peace globe #1124.
BlogBlast For Peace ~ November 6, 2008 is going to be awesome! See you there.

Mary Ann said...

Wonderful photos! Although...if I were actually standing under those skies, I'd want more boring photos.