from my front yard ... as promised on Friday
for others participating in Sunrise-Sunset today.
1. The sunrise on Thursday was spectacular! I shared a few 'pink sky shots' from that morning on Friday, but saved the 'sunrise' photo at the top of this page (and a few other shots to be shared in future weeks) to publish separately. Isn't it magnificent?
2. Did you see the photos of the new baby reticulated giraffe born at the Memphis Zoo on August 29, 2008? Aren't these photos too amazingly precious for words?
Photos in collage are sequenced clockwise
and clicking on the collage will make it larger for better viewing.
3. I was blessed by Hootin' Anni with two gifts of Halloween graphics lately. She's held 'drawings' at her blog all month for those who visit & leave comments ... and created different 'holiday thank you graphics' each week just for the winners. I acknowledged receipt of each at Small Reflections (the 1st in HF#79 and the 2nd today), but didn't mention them here ... until now. They're both 'kewl' and oh so creative. FYI - the first isn't up for grabs, but the second is a 'party favor' ... so if you have time (and haven't yet dropped by) ... do give her a visit to collect your copy by clicking this Halloween Manor link to see & enjoy all her nifty holiday stuph.
4. I want to thank Mike of MJG's Rambling Thoughts for the 'I love your blog' award that he received from Sandee of ComedyPlus ...
It comes with these rules:
1. Those who have received this award, can add the picture.but since I have trouble following rulez ... I'm giving it to everyone who is 'following' either of my blogs & my 'regular bloggy buddies' ... (you know who you are, but I'll try to drop by and leave you a message letting you know it's here) ... because I love YOUR blogs too!
2. Add a link to that person’s blog who awarded you.
3. Choose 7 others to receive this award and add links to their blogs.
4. Leave a message to their blogs so that they know about this.
5. Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Writing Nook for this 'kewl' animated award! I need to learn to do this thing myself. In the meantime ... I would like to present all of my friends with this animated friends button. Right click and "save as." Since blogger doesn't like animated graphics, upload it to Photobucket, copy and paste the HTML code that's provided there to place it on your blog.
7. I'm grateful that the Santa Ana winds have stopped blowing and that the wildfires are under control (and/or extinguished) locally. It's hard to fathom that it's been almost a year since I started 'blogging' ... (while more than a dozen fires were burning in Southern California) ... but I'm thinking about how to celebrate my 1st Blogoversary at Small Reflections in 3 days and here at Sacred Ruminations in 4 days. I've made no firm decisions yet, but hopefully inspiration will strike and things will come together between now and then.
at the top of this post.
click the logo below:
Thought for Today
"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world." Adabella Radici