Herein are my Morning Musings and
with Wordful Wednesday too
3. After waiting an hour hoping Montrey would call back (I'd given my phone number repeatedly to everyone ... didn't I give it to him?) ... I started over ... finally reached a person (Keisha) after 25 minutes of 'automated' messages & questions and told her my tale of woe. Bless her heart, she listened ... went 'off script' and connected me with Mr. Mason who apologized profusely and didn't put me 'on hold' when he went to make the necessary copies ... so I'm officially 'signed up' w/o having to go to the local office ... a 'secure envelope' is on the way so I can sent him the required documention to verify my eligibility ... and coverage will begin on February 1st even if my Award Letter and/or Medicare card haven't arrived. I'm relieved ... but my next decisions involve deciding on a 'supplemental care' and 'prescription' plan.
4. I attended my Photoshop Elements 'collage' class last night ... learned some kewl new techniques and think I'm ready to purchase PSE8 (since I'm currently using PSE6) because it has nifty features to explore.
5. I'm spending today with my sister and will deal with pressing matters later this week. We'll begin by picking my Nikon D60 up (the camera shop called last night to say it's ready ... HOORAY!) and dropping her's off for its annual cleaning & adjustment. I've experienced significant withdrawal symptoms being without it for the past week, but I'm delighted I won't need to 'fix' the spots on my photos any more and am hoping that cleaning the contacts will correct the problems I've had with my Tamron 28-300mm lens.
6. She wants to walk a mall (something I've pretty much given up since my decision to avoid new acquisitions & focus on getting rid of stuph 3 years ago). I'll avoid 'shopping' by taking photos while following her around. It'll be fun to catch up as we walk ... enjoy a tasty lunch together ... just like old times before she hit the road with her husband to travel full time in their RV a few years back. Sounds like they'll be around at least until March so (happily) this may be the first of many such days spent together.
7. I bought a flat of pansies and a can of 'coyote urine' granules over the weekend. I need some way to keep the neighbor's cats out of my garden ... and am willing to try just about anything at this point.
9. Let's see ... what else? It's about 6am and I need to eat breakfast, take a shower ... then take Molly for a walk ... so I don't know how much time I'll have to visit blogs before my sister arrives. I guess I'll be catching up with others this evening (if I'm not exhausted) and/or tomorrow. The weatherman sez we might get a bit of rain this evening and tomorrow ... with another storm predicted for the weekend. We certainly NEED the rain so I'm hoping he's right. My little 'fur-kid' just celebrated her 5th birthday on December 31!
and for others participating in
Random Tuesday Thoughts
Wordful Wednesday at Seven Clown Circus
Here's wishing everyone a delightful day ;-)
Did you know???
January 10-12 are National Delurking Days ...
so how about making a commitment to:
"Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself." Chinese Proverb