"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, February 19, 2010

the hurrieder i go, the behinder i get ...


Yes, I know it is
Saturday ... but I started
this post on Friday

running out of time
with computer 'issues' I'll
write about later

but for now I am
finishing this morning 'cuz
it seems 'right' somehow

Scroll down for Haiku Sky Watch,
Friday's Five Faves and BYBS


beautiful and yet
threatening, the skies above
always fascinate




Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Finding Beauty,
Haiku Friday and Sky Watch


Belated ...
Click for others participating in
Friday Fave Five

1. Although we didn't get to celebrate my friend's birthday at Duke's yesterday after all (because she wasn't feeling well) ... and despite a mishap causing significant pain in my sister's toe that I'll share another time ... we spent a pleasant afternoon together. We started with lunch at Matsu, my favorite local Japanese restaurant.


Click to embiggen for better viewing


2. After lunch my sister was looking for some shorts so we headed to REI where I discovered that the kewl Keen boots I purchased there at full price on February 7th were 'on sale' ... so I asked about their policy, learned they'd honor the sale price so I received a refund of $49. I loved the boots before, but I really love them now. I'm grateful she decided to shop REI yesterday because otherwise I wouldn't have known to ask ;-)


Guess this is an early birthday present for me!

3. The rain waited until we returned home ... falling overnight. The ground was wet this morning when I awakened, but the sun is out already so it looks like another nice day. Apparently more storms are off the coast headed our way, but hopefully they'll be mild like this first one.


4. Next Tuesday is my 65th birthday ... and as I type this I'm reminded I need to call about my Part D supplemental drug coverage to see if they've resolved the issues I shared previously.
My sister & I plan to celebrate at Duke's in Huntington Beach with lunch followed by Hula Pie ... the place I've celebrated with friends for years ;-)

5. I'm grateful my Dell Inspiron 1720 (running Vista) allowed me to create this post today because yesterday morning it kept crashing again when I tried to visit blogs. My older Dell Inspiron 9100 seems to have self-destructed. When I awakened yesterday, the old laptop had somehow turned itself on overnight and crashed to the Blue Screen of Death. No matter what I've tried, I can't get it to boot ... so I guess I'll take it to someone to see what can be done with it, but I suspect I might be in the market for a new computer since the new Dell has proven unreliable throughout the 19 months I've owned it. It seems Gilda Radner was correct ... it's always something, right?

Since I'm late with Friday stuph
(and there's no guarantee what today will bring)
I've decided to do 'double duty' early for Sunday ... just because.


"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."
Cherokee Indian Proverb
See my Daily Gratitude List
in the sidebar at Small Reflections
and the lists I've transferred to Happily Retired Gal

What are some blessings in YOUR life currently?
For others who 'Blog Their Blessings'
go to My Blog Rolls and/or click on the
Blog Your Blessings logo

above Really Good Things.
For those who participate in Sacred Life Sunday
click the logo below:
Blessed Be ... and so it is!
Photobucket

Thought for Today
"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you'?" William A. Ward

25 comments:

Susanne said...

Well happy birthday to you! I hope you have a beautiful day!

I love when things like the refund happen! Makes my day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy, happy Birthday!! I am so sorry about your computers! Not many things are as frustrating! I have found Dell customer service to be very good, is the newest one still under warranty? The Japanese food plate is too pretty to eat, is the flower edible? I do love the palm trees, and you have a pretty shot of them, and a foreboding one.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky shots! love em!

George said...

Happy Birthday a couple of days early!
The clouds in your first picture are absolutely fascinating. I hope your computer 'issues' resolve themselves without too much additional aggravation.

Carver said...

Happy Birthday in advance. All of these shots are great but the first one with the cloud dotted sky over the lovely building and rooftop is my favorite.

Willow said...

Happy Birthday to you! Celebrating at Duke's sounds like the perfect place.

I love REI!

pam said...

Happy Birthday early! I LOVE to watch clouds....so amazing. We just ordered my 80 year old father a new computer. Our girls have Apples and LOVE them but there is no tech support where my parents live to teach the ole boy new tricks. One of our girls lived with the Vista nightmare for 3 years. We've been hearing good things about Windows 7...will be interesting to see how it works long term. Computers are so wonderful when they work....Hope your birthday week is grand!

Splendid Little Stars said...

great skies and haiku!

Ari_1965 said...

Good job on the boots.

Pam said...

Happy early birthday to you! That's wonderful that you were able to get the discount on the boots.
The food does look good. Sushi is one of my favorite foods. I could eat a ton of it!

Joe Todd said...

Yes Happy Birthday a couple days early.. Loved your skies.. Hate it when you have computer problems. I had to take mine in a couple weeks ago seems to be ok After it was fixed I bought an external hard drive and finally I've got all my files backed up just in case LOL.. Have a great week

Claudia said...

OOOH you sweetest of things!

Happy happy hon.
So glad you participated with us on FFB ;)

Computer issues -- UGGGH no one likes them do we?

Have the BEST week!

Claudia

Dimple said...

Happy birthday Thursday! Sorry about your computer problems; seems like the more improvements there are, the more things there are to go wrong.
Thanks for stopping by!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm having fun catching up on posts -- these are beautiful skies. I didn't post a skywatch because I forgot it was Friday! (On the road, we're never sure what day it is ;>).

I wonder if you know whether your sister does much cooking in her Pleasure Way. We are eating more meals out than we did in the fifth-wheel, and when we eat in it is very simple meals. Probably better for us.

LadyFi said...

Happy Birthday. Love the clouds in the first photo.

Pat@BPM said...

A belated Happy Birthday!

Beautiful sky photos.

penny said...

Isn't it nice to have your own special day. That's what makes Birthdays so much fun. I hope yours was wonderful:)
Your photos are terrific, I love the clouds in the first one.

Robin said...

Happy Almost Birthday!

Japanese food, fluffy cotton candy clouds (at least in the morning) to photograph, and cash back on your boots - sounds like a great day to me!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I want to wish you an early Happy Birthday. Your photos are beautiful.
Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday.....

Love those boots!

RA said...

I hope you can solve your computer problems soon. Happy Birthday! Wishing you a lot of joy and blessings as you step into another year :)

Kcalpesh said...

Belated happy birthday!! Thanks for sharing some really nice photos!!

Pixellicious Photos

Andree said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your SWF shots with the beautiful clouds. Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

Your photos seem so exotic to me these days--I'm now dreaming of palm trees and warm sun and maybe some time by the oceans! Lovely, lovely, lovely!!

maryt/theteach said...

Your skies are extraordinary, Storyteller! :)