2. When Molly and her fur-friends play out front, my irises are 'at risk' ... so when I found the bud at the left lying on the Korean grass, I felt sad and couldn't bring myself to toss it. I put it in this tiny ceramic container with water on my kitchen window sill and look what happened ;-)
If you'd like to have a bit of Southern California Spring to brighten your blog until your flowers come up, feel free to snag the 'button' below:
4. I'm looking forward to celebrating my sister's birthday at Duke's this afternoon where we'll probably reprise MY birthday celebration there with 'fish tacos' and 'Hula' pie after a walk along the beach and out on the pier. Methinks the weather is likely to be pretty much the same as last week with considerably more wind.
5. I do love watching the sun come up and yesterday's sunrise was a colorful one ...
6. I'm happy to report that the Dell Inspiron 1720 continues to work better than ever ... (taking a moment to knock on wood before continuing to type) ... with no crashes of any kind since Tech Support had me download & install new drivers and flash the BIOS. I'm hopeful that the on-going issues are finally resolved ... and that's a huge relief!
7. I'm sure glad I don't own a Toyota these days but it's AMAZING how many of them are out there on the road and it makes me a bit nervous when driving by one ... seriously!
8. That reminds me ... I've been meaning to mention the new California 'move over' law that took effect January 1st.
Apparently 45 other states have enacted similar laws so you might want to check in your area.
The new law, Senate Bill 240 (State Senator Roderick Wright), adds Caltrans vehicles displaying flashing amber warning lights to the list of vehicles for which motorists must slow down and, if safe, move over to a lane not immediately adjacent to the stationary vehicle.
“This protects the safety of our workers,” said Caltrans Director Randy Iwasaki. “Highway workers face the same dangers from fast moving traffic as emergency personnel and tow-truck operators. We appreciate the leadership and recognition of the legislature and governor for the need to provide a safer working environment for our employees.”
Click for others participating in
Random Tuesday Thoughts
Wordful Wednesday at Seven Clown Circus
Hope you're each having a delightful day!