"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, August 9, 2008

Photo Hunt #12 - Full Moonrise ...

Note: If you're looking for Sky Watch or Haiku Friday you'll find them below this post. Camera Critters & Smiley Saturday are at Small Reflections. My OSI Week 23: Folly posts can be found here and here. I've created a 2nd Photo Hunt (#13) for this theme at Small Reflections ... just because.

Theme: Dark
Moonrise: taken from my back yard ...
and then from my front patio ...
Thought for Today
"Moonlight is sculpture." Nathaniel Hawthorne

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always amazed by how big the moon appears first thing and then it gets smaller so quickly.

Emzkie said...

that is amazing.. just a little blurry. =) mine is up here http://www.jazanotherday.com/2008/08/photohunt-dark.html

Rambling Woods said...

Love moon shots and mine are too blurry.. Happy Weekend. Michelle-
Rambling Woods

Sarge Charlie said...

that is nice, my camera is not that good.

Barb said...

My camera never gets a good moon shot! Well done!

Daisy said...

Those came out great! I have always wanted to take a good photo of the moon, but mine are always No Good.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Very pretty with the bright moon and dark sky!

Leslie: said...

Nicely done! Come see my dark - all are welcome over at my place. :D

Clara said...

Beautiful pictures! There's something almost magical about moonrise.

Mike Golch said...

I have a goodie waiting for you on my wordpress site. come on down and get it!

The Florida Furkids said...

We love pictures of the Moonrise. Mom keeps trying to get Dad to go to the beach to take pictures when there is a full Moon.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids (and their Mom!)

peppylady (Dora) said...

In week there will be anther full moon and I'm going to try to take a picture but with a different sitting.

Thanks for stopping in.

If this don't make since I'm tired and just finishing up with blogs.

Anonymous said...

I love that second shot where I can see the outline of the rooftops and the trees (or were they palms?). Somehow, I half expect to see someone with a guitar on the rooftops. :-)

SandyCarlson said...

Not a hunter but a fan--and I like what you have here, Storyteller!

philos said...

Beautiful shot! Love the setup... Almost seemed eerie hehe

Karen said...

Wow--it makes me want to go outside tonight and PAY ATTENTION!!

Cheryl said...

I love first one...why? Because of the light glimpse of the building which gives things perspective.

Sarah said...

Like Hummie, I too really love the first one. The full moon is just breathtaking. And what a still, cloudless night it appeared to be. Hummie inspired me to join you guys... mine's here: http://ssphotohunt.blogspot.com/

storyteller said...

To all – Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my ‘dark’ Photo Hunt: Full Moon Rise here at Sacred Ruminations. I’m a true amateur when it comes to photography … just learning that my little digital camera can do interesting things (other than point and shoot). I’m inspired by the photos I see when I visit you and other bloggers each week, and like to think I’m learning as I go. I hope you’re all having a wonderful week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Geraldine said...

These are so tough to capture. Well done! I love night photos.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

storyteller said...

Geraldine - You’re right about that! I’ve only just learned to use the ‘zoom’ feature of my Casio Exilim and definitely need to get a tripod because holding it STILL for such shots is very challenging. I felt fortunate to capture these ‘moon’ shots. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs and blessings,