"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, September 13, 2008

Photo Hunt #20 - Wild Windy Weather

Note: If you're looking for Sky Watch or Haiku Friday you'll find them below this post. Smiley Saturday and a 2nd 'wild' Photo Hunt (#21) is at Small Reflections.
This is my 20th Wild Windy Weather
in Southern California at the beach
Click for others participating in Photo Hunt this week.

Thought for Today
"Weather is a great metaphor for life -- sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella." Pepper Giardino

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wild wind is a great idea for the theme. Guess they are seeing that in TX now.

Sandy said...

Now that's wild...good idea

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a fantastic collage of Nature doing a wild dance! Loved this!

Anonymous said...

Not quite Ike, but this certainly makes me think along those lines. Too wild for my taste.

Write From Karen said...

We're definitely in for some rain and wild wind later today and tomorrow as Ike makes it way to us.

Write From Karen

Mike Golch said...

Nice mix of photos.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Wow, that is windy!

storyteller said...

Sassy Mama Bear – Yez … but in Texas they’re also experiencing RAIN … something we’ve not seen much of here in So Cal all year.

Sandy (at Sandy’s Space) – I love seeing all the different interpretations of the weekly Photo Hunt prompt. There’s always such unexpected variation.

Greyscale Territory – Here in Southern California we get off-shore Santa Ana winds (blowing off the desert toward the ocean) in the fall and winter … and they can be mighty & fierce. I’m glad you enjoyed my interpretation of this week’s theme.

Alice Audrey – Methinks Ike’s dropping lots of RAIN too while OUR Santa Ana winds are HOT and DRY … frequently leading to wildfires in So Cal like the kind that were burning last October when I started this blog here and here.

Karen (of Write from Karen) - I'm praying for all those in Ike's path and hope it won't be as devastating as predicted.

Mike Golch – Thanks. I created this collage with Picasa a while back (before I knew how to make collages in Photoshop) but think I didn’t use it after all so it seemed perfect for today ;--)

Tammy – It doesn't happen frequently, but when it does we've got winds that last for several days to a week or more!

To everyone - Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day.
Hugs and blessings,

Tink *~*~* said...

Love all those swaying palms!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

stan said...

nice take on the theme!

Ted Marshall said...

Just visiting you via Diamonds in the Sky with Lucy. These photographs are amazing, thank you for sharing them. And I like the thought for the day quote!

Maude Lynn said...

Great pictures! And, I love the quote!

Karen said...

We had some big winds just recently (Hanna came visiting)--I meant to go out with my camera, but it was so wet...and I was so comfortable watching from the window...

It's a really neat collage!

storyteller said...

Tink – Those ‘swaying palms’ are more enjoyable in the PHOTOS than in ‘real life’ ;--)

Sho – Thanks … I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Tess – Thanks for dropping by. I’ve visited your blog from Lucy’s too … occasionally. She’s quite the ‘virtual’ magnet.

Mama Zen – Since becoming a ‘blogger’ I’ve learned to carry and use my camera a bit more so it’s fun to create and share like this. It’s be an interesting ‘ride’ …

Karen – I know what you mean. I’ve gotten pretty wet from time to time taking rainy day photos to share, of course they didn’t come with a hurricane. I’m glad you enjoyed my windy collage.

To all – Finding comments is always a pleasure. I appreciate you each dropping by and taking the time to share. I’m glad you found my WILD WEATHER and ‘thought for the day’ interesting.
Hugs and blessings,