"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, September 12, 2008

SkyWatch #11 - Haiku Friday #72


More Photoshop Elements
experimentations with various filters ...
Happy 1st anniversary to the Haiku Friday meme.Each week as I learn
of new tools in PSE
I experiment

then share here ... and so
today's Sky Watch starts with a
'cloud shot' followed by

three variations ...
subtle filtered changes I'm
not sure will show up.

The 'original'
taken here in Southern Cal
a few weeks ago.

Clicking on each will
'embiggen' to provide you
a bit more detail.

Watercolor (opacity 100%)
Dry Brush (with opacity at 73%)
Smudge Stick (with opacity at 50%)
There's so much I don't
know as yet but hope to learn
about PSE.

For others participating in Haiku Friday this week go to A Mommy Story. To see my previous Haikus, click on the Haiku Friday label below this post or in the sidebar.

Thought for Today
"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you."
Maori Proverb

16 comments:

Woody said...

Very Nice Photo. Thanks for sharing!

Maude Lynn said...

That is so cool! Each one is gorgeous.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Haiku and very pretty skies. A double whammy.

Anonymous said...

I like "embiggen." Nice poetic license. :-) Come check out my Haiku here.

Nice sky watch shot! I love that meme!

SandyCarlson said...

Well done. I am learning about this program from you. I otherwise know nothing. Thanks, teacher friend!

Anonymous said...

Play with it and you will learn! :)
Nicely played!
Cheers, Klaus

Jules said...

Yay! More fun with Photoshop! Nice job.

Joyce said...

All lovely, but my favorite is the "watercolor." :)

Momisodes said...

Very kewl clouds and filter changes :) Great shot and Ku combo!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What beautiful skies!

storyteller said...

Woody – Thank YOU for visiting and sharing. I enjoyed seeing YOUR photos just a few minutes ago … they’re most impressive.

MamaZen – I’m glad you think so … I’m never quite sure, but it’s fun to put them out there and see what folks think.

Babooshka – Yez … I’ve written Haiku on Fridays for a long time now so it seemed natural to continue when I joined Sky Watch Friday. I’m glad you enjoyed both.

MommyWizdom – Heheh … I’m never sure what word to use in that regard. Sometimes I use ‘biggify’ too. I did check out your Haiku and was most impressed. Methinks I’ll be playing catch-up indefinitely … but I do my best and often remind myself it’s good enough. I do enjoy multi-tasking ;--)

SandyCarlson – I’m delighted to share what I know and hope it helps you with your own explorations.

Klaus – Yez … playing works for me, though the ‘lessons’ help too in providing direction. Thanks for the feedback.

Jules – I’m happy to know I’ve got ‘fans’ out there to encourage my explorations ;--)

Joyce – I liked that best when I created them. I’m pleasantly surprised to see the subtle variations DO show here in my post.

Sandy (of Momisodes) – Thanks … I’m glad you had time to visit after Buddisodes filled in for you at Momisodes.

Tammy – Thanks … I love seeing what everyone shares on Friday.

To all – I appreciate each of you dropping by and sharing your thoughts. Hope you’re each having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

Arija said...

Great clouds, so fun to play with.

Karen said...

That's really neat--it's fun seeing what you're learning in your class!

storyteller said...

Arija and Karen - Thanks … I’m glad you think so. I’m finding it fun to share and certainly enjoy reading ‘reactions from visitors to’ what I’m learning. Gradually I’m getting a sense of what the various ‘filters’ do so hopefully, in time, these experimentations will be less time consuming.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,
These are great cloud shots!!! Beautiful! I hope this Friday to resume participating in Skywatch Friday. Things just keep getting crazy sort of like you described in your haiku Friday.
hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina Coruth – Thanks … I’m glad you enjoyed my cloud shots on Friday. I keep hoping things will calm down sometime soon, but it seems there’s always something. I’ll look forward to your next Sky Watch.
Hugs and blessings,