"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Window Views - Looking at the Skies - Haiku Friday


(belatedly ... with some Early Morning Musings too)
lookingatthesky

Yesterday when I
took my writing things outside

I discovered this


delightful sunrise ...

so I grabbed my camera

then watched it unfold

creating my own
'window' perspective to share ...
Hope you enjoy it.



Click to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Window Views, Haiku Friday & Looking at the Sky

Morning Musings


Perceptions and Choices

This morning in my
email box there were reports
about visitors

to my Blogger sites.
These arrive weekly but I
seldom look at them

yet for some reason
today I did look and to
my surprise I found

surprising results.
Who would have suspected that
in less than two years

so many might find
and visit my little blogs
without my knowing?

Comments don't reflect
traffic such as these numbers
suggest ... perhaps more

people 'lurk' and look
than most of us realize.
Gives one pause to think

Things are often not
what they seem. Our choices DO
create impact. We

may not recognize
just how far-reaching or who
might be affected.

So to all unseen
visitors ... I'm glad you came
and I wish you well.

Hugs & blessings,
storyteller


Thanks to Michele of Rocky Mountain Retreat
for sharing this lovely gift ;--)

Site Meter Data
-- Small Reflections Site Summary ---
Visits

Total ....................... 24,309
Average per Day ................. 27
Average Visit Length .......... 2:59
This Week ...................... 187

Page Views

Total ....................... 51,928
Average per Day ................. 43
Average per Visit .............. 1.6
This Week ...................... 301
 
-- Sacred Ruminations - Site Summary ---
Visits

Total ....................... 15,147
Average per Day ................. 12
Average Visit Length .......... 3:01
This Week ....................... 85

Page Views

Total ....................... 31,350
Average per Day ................. 20
Average per Visit .............. 1.7
This Week ...................... 142
Perhaps I'll nose around Happily Retired Gal to see what stats might be available at WordPress ... just because ;--

Thought for Today
"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments."
Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

9 comments:

Mike Golch said...

great posting and interesting stats.I hope that you are having a great weekend.

Vixen said...

Lovely sunrise. It is amazing how many people come and view my blog, but never say anything!

Anonymous said...

Nice presentation of your window views.

Anonymous said...

Love the thought for today. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know how how it is not to have enough time to visit everyone.

Paz

George said...

You did a wonderful job with your 'window' perspective. I really like your image. Thanks, too, for your thoughts on people who comment and don't comment.

Glennis said...

Very interesting stats, lots of visitors, and the average time of the visit is equally interesting. My Stats don't give me this print out.
Oh lovely bright blue outdoor seat.

Gattina said...

I don't understand the difference between Page Views and Visits ! When I visit a page I see at at the same time, no ??
Nice collage !
Did I do a visit now or a page view ??

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wonderful morning window views! And seeing great stats for your blog (such as yours) is always so encouraging I feel!

SandyCarlson said...

Your window views are a masterpiece.