"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Revisiting - A Prayer for Achievement

Morning Musings


After journaling,

I watered the yard and when
I logged on just now

I discovered that
someone from London UK
had visited an old

post. Curiosity
(or intuition) led me
to click on that link.

February the
25th -2008 ...
relevant today

so I've copied and
pasted here to share once more
... since it's where I am

right now ... once again.
That reminds me of Black Elk
and ANOTHER post

about CIRCLES and
cycles to consider as
I let my light shine ;--)

In ILLUMINATA Marianne Williamson
writes about Achievement in a chapter entitled
"Prayers for Work and Creativity"

"Many times, we are held back by a sense that we are simply not good enough, talented enough or smart enough to do what we want to do. We pray for God to free us from the internal chains that bind us. Self-confidence stems from confidence in Him. It is not we alone who do the work. The work is done by Him who is within us."

then she offers the following prayer
that I've found helpful.


"Dear God,
I feel that my life is less than it should be.
I cannot find my freedom or my passion.
I have so much inside me that stays shut down, that isn't free.
I hurt so much to know I am not living at full force.
My talents are not used as I wish.
My abilities are not fully formed.
My energies are so suppressed.

Dear Lord, I do not know how to break free of
the ways I constantly negate myself.
I hold myself prisoner somehow.
I know I do.
I know it is my own illusion,
this prison in which I live,
yet I cannot break free, though I try so hard.

Please, dear God, break down the walls that surround me.
Melt this prison.
Free my soul that I might be as You would have me be:
Free to live,
To soar,
To create,
To love,
To feel passion for good,
To do the good with passion.
I wish to fly.
I wish to feel Your full abundant spirit in me.
Give me this miracle.
Thank You.
Amen


Thought for Today
"Unlike fine wine, conflicts that are left alone rarely improve with age." Eric Harvey

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

I am glad you revisited that one. It's great.