while holding my camera ...
challenging at best
taken from my deck
one evening not long ago ...
almost got it right ;--)
Looking at the Sky and Haiku Friday
2. I've been watching ESPN2's TENNIS coverage on weekends throughout the summer whenever time permits and am looking forward to the US Open coverage beginning on Monday. I've done some writing in my journal about the matches and intend to photograph those pages to share ... perhaps later today.
3. The weather most of the summer has been cool & cloudy, but this week HEAT has arrived with clear blue skies. Unfortunately at the same time a number WILDFIRES have broken out in Southern California ... a couple in the Angeles Forest, one in Palos Verdes, and another near Hemet where my SIL lives. I'm grateful the Santa Ana Winds aren't blowing, and am praying fire-fighters will be able to contain these fires quickly before they spread. We've had so little rainfall that conditions are exceedingly dry and that makes fire even more dangerous.
4. My heart & prayers go out to the Kennedy family on the loss of 'Teddy' ... the last of the four brothers ... the only one who lived long enough to become grey-haired. Their personal family history is so much a part of our own public history and I find myself reliving the tragic events of the 1960s ... reflecting on what might have been, if only ... cognizant of what is and what might be even now.
5. to be continued ... after my swim
It's 9:56am and I'm back from swimming ... have showered & washed my hair and am enjoying a cup of coffee as I finish typing this post before I head off to REI with a friend. Their sale starts this morning ;--)
6. Guess Molly will have to settle for an afternoon ambulation because I'm running out of time this morning. Life's like that some times. It feels as if it's going to be another HOT day ... I guess I'll run the air conditioner in the car ... something I almost never do.
7. Here's wishing everyone a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend ;--)
Thought for Today
"If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never truly be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." Lao Tzu