It's almost 9am and I plan to call a friend soon, but I'd like to share a bit of what's been going on in MY mind over the past few days since I last shared 'Morning Musings' on this blog. Any of the images can be clicked to 'embiggen' ... but here are a few 'highlights' off the top of my head ... just because.
1. My sister's back in the USA ... called on Sunday to let me know ... and to share that my oldest nephew is headed for a job in Singapore with his family right now. Guess I missed my 'window' to visit while they were in Southern California and that reminds me the value of making plans rather than just letting opportunities arise. Methinks it's about BALANCE, right? Right!
2. Hopefully my sleep cycle has corrected itself again ... finally. I've been waking around 2am but managed to stay in bed until 4:10 today. I'm looking forward to another Concert in the Park this evening ... this one in Costa Mesa. That's what this morning's phone call will be about. I plan to connect with a friend who lives close to the park over there to see what she knows about parking and how early we might need to arrive.
3. Although Molly misses Jenke and goes over there often to 'check' for her playmate, she's had opportunities to play with other dogs over the past few days ... and I'm reminded how when one door closes, others open. I want to hold on to this thought and tell myself that clearing 'clutter' is making room for new possibilities ;--)
4. Serendipity is a wonderful thing ... and morning emails have me in an intriguing mental space ... considering possibilities I've not thought about for a long time, if ever.
5. This morning's skies were utterly amazing! I'll share more soon, but here is two views ... just because.
6. This morning I watched a brief video from Simple Truths entitled Finding Joy. If you have time, I commend it to all. It begins with this quote,
7. So ... below are photographs of the pages I've written recently. Sorry the images are darker than usual. If time permits, I'll fix that later, but right now I need to post this and make that call then get to the grocery store ... so I'll be visiting later today. Hope you have a delightful day!
Thought for Today
"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow."
Norman Vincent Peale