"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Thursday, May 14, 2009

ThursdayThirteen & Today's Flowers


Explosion of Blossoms

13 photos of ...

Beautiful White Bulbs in Bloom
Do YOU know their name?

Once upon a time
I believed these to be called
'Lily of the Nile'

or Agapanthus ...
Checking Wikipedia
raised questions and so


I'm asking for help.
Do you know the actual
name of this flower?

Click to embiggen to see better and for others participating
in
Thursday Thirteen and Today's Flowers.


Thought for Today

"The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers." Basho

15 comments:

Sandee said...

They are indeed beautiful. I so love this time of year.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Alice Audrey said...

I have no idea what they are called, but they are lovely.

Sue said...

I'm not sure what they are. Sorry I can't help. They are beautiful though.

Hope someone else can answer for you. :)

The Gal Herself said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and giving us an opportunity to enjoy them without worrying about bees.

Daisy said...

The flowers are beautiful but I haven't the foggiest idea of what they are known as. I hope you can find out! Happy Thursday!

Thursday 13 - edition 7
101 Things About Me

jillconyers said...

Love the photo mosaic. And the spring flowers :)

Ari_1965 said...

The office name is Pretty Little White Flowers.
A regional variant is Oh Aren't They Sweet Little White Flowers, but this usage is frowned upon.

Auntie Q said...

I don't know either. But I enjoyed the photos!

The Bumbles said...

Hey I've seen these around - but I know nothing about flowers except that I like them. They look like mini-iris or something.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Wonderful post!
Thanks for posting for TODAY´S FLOWERS also!

Luiz

SandyCarlson said...

I really like these photos. You give us so much!

Celticlibrarian said...

Well...they kind of look like Irises to me, but there are several non-iris flowers that look like them. Very pretty nonetheless.

Eve said...

For some reason Foxfire is selectively loading pictures today. I can't see your flowers (wouldn't know what they are, anyway). Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi."

Janice said...

Hello, I came here from the Brenda Photo Challenge Blog. I'm not sure what your white flowers are, but I do know that they are not agapanthus. Aggies (a nick-name for them) are usually a huge ball type (tennis to softball size) flower with many little florets coming from the center on a very thick stem. I have only seen them in white or blue colors. Hope this info might be of some help to you.

Inday said...

Sparkling flowers in your garden beds. What more can we ask for? It's more than what I bargain for, personally.