"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shadow Shot - BYBS - Sacred Life Sunday


This is my second ...
I seem to be 'stuck' on collages lately ...
and this one shows SHADOWS on & around Molly & Ms. Kitty


Click to 'embiggen' for better viewing
and for others participating in Shadow Shot Sunday at Hey Harriet.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."
Cherokee Indian Proverb

1. I'm blessed with the company of two devoted fur-friends ... Molly & Ms. Kitty, and I've enjoyed sharing them both from time to time on each of my blogs as I did today, making them the subject of today's Shadow Shot collage. Trisha of Crazy Working Mom asked what program I use for my collages ... and it's Photoshop Elements.

2. Although it's not as much rain as we need here in Southern California, the change in the weather from gusty warm & exceedingly dry Santa Ana winds is more than welcome ... and more scattered showers are predicted to continue through Tuesday. My yard is drinking in the moisture and my skin no longer itches from the dryness.

Click to 'embiggen' for better viewing

I created this with collage with pictures
I took of the television screen.

3. I'm about a day behind with recorded Australian Open Tennis Championships ... currently watching 'Round of 16' matches ... specifically the 5th set in the tense match between Tomas Berdych and Roger Federer ... delighted Roger fought back to win sets 3 & 4 after losing the first two sets ... hopeful his momentum will carry him through the 5th and into the Quarter Finals. Addendum: Roger won the last set and moves on to the Quarters to play the winner of the Del Potro-Cilic match!

4. Andy Roddick and James Blake are still 'alive' in the draw as is Serena Williams ... but all other Americans are out. I'm sure Chris B of Ms Cellania is thrilled about Andy Murray's performance and is hoping he'll continue to play well.

5. Although several of the top seeded women have lost their matches, leaving lots of young players to complete for the title with Serena Williams & Elena Dementiev
a, it appears that the top men's seeds are all playing up to potential thus far.

What are some blessings in YOUR life currently?
For others who 'Blog Their Blessings'
go to My Blog Rolls and/or click on the
Blog Your Blessings logo

above Really Good Things.
For those who participate in Sacred Life Sunday
click the logo below:
Blessed Be ... and so it is!
Photobucket
Thought for Today
"Jumping at several small opportunities may get us there more quickly than waiting for one big one to come along." Hugh Allen

13 comments:

Sandee said...

I love your collages. Molly and Miss Kitty look very happy too.

Great on the weather. I can so relate.

Have a terrific Sunday. Big hug. :)

Mike Golch said...

great photos.thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Great photographs and blessings. My main blessing is that my health is improved.

Blessings to you.

Sylvia K said...

What a great collage! Love the four legged guys! Thanks for sharing!

George said...

Another wonderful collage. I like the shadows with Molly and Ms. Kitty.

PERBS said...

My blessing today was more snow but I didn't write about it because it appeared after I had posted and gone to bed last night! I wrote about a blessing I received last week! Drop by and read about it.

I am sure your two "furballs" are a constant blessing to you! May you enjoy that blessing for a long time.

Hey Harriet said...

That's an adorable Molly & Ms. Kitty shadow collage! Yes, our furry friends are very special. I'd be quite lost without mine! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead :)

Karen said...

That really IS a great collage--I love the play of light and dark! I find myself thinking about investing in a Photoshop program--you seem to be having such fun!

Dianne said...

I hope you stay stuck on collages! especially of the critters :)

Unknown said...

Ms Kitty is almost as cute as Molly. :)

Quiet Paths said...

I love that last Allen quote. I got a 'no duh' moment there. Thank you for that! And, I quite enjoy your collages. These are so cute.

Raven said...

Fun list of blessings and a lovely collage of furry shadows. I enjoyed your pansies and your sky watch too.

Unknown said...

I came over for sss - I like the photo collage of your pets. I wish I knew how to do that.

Have a good rest of Sunday. Your blog is a very friendly place to visit. Many nice touches. :-)