"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Motivator - Curiosity




"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if he tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."
Albert Einstein

10 comments:

thailandchani said...

Oh, that is so true! :)

PJ said...

Love the quote! And the referral to your flower pictures cheered me up so much the other day, I added a picture I took in Mexico a couple of years ago to my headliner! Thanks for the cheer!

Mike Golch said...

I love the quote and it is absolutely true,for if we stop wondering and exploring,we become very dull indeed.

Karen said...

I have no patience with people who display little or no curiousity toward life. Such dullards! Life never has to be boring!

storyteller said...

Chani – Seems self-evident, eh? ;--)

PJ – I’m happy you enjoyed the quote and that my referral to the flower pictures cheered you up. I’ll check your new header when I finish with email and comments this morning.

Mike – I appreciate your support of this idea … and agree with you that life w/o curiosity would be dull indeed!

Karen – ‘Dullards’ is a marvelous term!!! When I was teaching, kids who used to complain of ‘being bored’ drove me up a tree. You’re so right … life never has to be boring!!!

Thanks to you all for sharing your wisdom and I hope you have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Eve said...

Isn't this what makes little children so intriguing? Their curiosity about everything and the wonder they bring to the world?

Hazel said...

a person who is always curious i think he or she is a smart person.

storyteller said...

Eve – You’ve got a point there! It’s something we’d be wise to emulate no matter how old we get.

Hazel – Yes! Being curious and asking questions certainly helps one learn … and become ‘smart’ doesn’t it?

Thanks to both of you for visiting and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

Great quote!

Now if I could only come up with something good for my Bottle. All I'm coming up with are "Jack Handey" type comments.

storyteller said...

Melissa – Relax, inspiration will come. Feel free to look through the quotes in the sidebars of my blogs and if anything speaks to you … you’re welcome to it. On each of my bottles I opted to share wisdom from someone I admire rather than try to come up with something original (and lame) myself. ;--)
Hugs and blessings,