"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Simply Kind Tuesdays - Kind Fives Meme


and belated ... Monday Motivator too
Check out the Everyday Kindness 'Kind Fives Meme' ... (click for examples & others who have joined in already).
Directions:
1. List five kind things you do for yourself.
2. List five kind things you do for your closest friend, partner, or child.
3. List five kind things you have done for a stranger.
4. Tag five people

I did mine previously here at Sacred Ruminations. If you choose to participate, please leave a comment and/or link back here so I can visit.

Week 5
As I explained last Tuesday, Claudia of Everyday Kindness has made some changes ... splitting the Everyday Kindness Challenge into two parts:

1. The original challenge to perform at least one act of kindness per day continues.
2. The new challenge is 'Simply Kind Tuesdays' ... the goal of which is to increase awareness of the kindness that surrounds us.
I invite you to participate in either or both challenges as time & energy permit. Clicking on the Simply Kind and/or Everyday Kindness logos at the top and bottom of this page will take you to others participating.


Thought for Today
"Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true." Robert Brault

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Have a terrific day sweetie. Big hug. :)

Cloudia said...

Great thought 4 the day!
Thanks & Aloha-

Karen said...

I've found that it's my family that gets the short shrift when it comes to kindness. I'm pretty embarassed by that--and I'm wondering why that is? Because I'm around them more? Because they have more expectations of me? Because I think I'll have plenty of chances to make up for it in the future?

I know where I need to begin the kindness--and begin it immediately, I will...

storyteller said...

Thanks to each of you for visiting. Methinks kindness starts within ... (with a choice to love & accept ourselves and others just as we/they are) ... then flows outward quite naturally when we're mindful about our thoughts, words, and deeds. I wish you all the many joys and wonders of the Christmas season.
Hugs and blessings,