"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Sunday, January 11, 2009

BlogYourBlessings - Sacred Life Sundays


This is my 34th BYBS ...
Two wonderful things happened this week! My sister returned from her RV travels with her husband and plans to be around for 3 months before leaving again and I bought myself a Nikon D60 camera! I always feel blessed ... but today those feelings are magnified immeasurably. I am delighted!

For this morning's post, I created an original Blog Your Blessings on Sundays logo composed of cropped (but otherwise untouched photographs) taken on Friday while catching up with my sister as we walked the beach and pier ... carrying our cameras and taking in the sights. It shows seagulls in flight and a seal hanging around the pier hoping to 'steal bait' from the lines of fishermen. You can click it to 'embiggen' for better viewing ;--)

The untouched sunset photo below is one I took on Wednesday afternoon ... one of the very first pictures I snapped with my new camera w/o looking at the manual. I hope to get around to checking it out sometime soon, but for now I'm using 'auto focus' and experimenting intuitively. My sister and I both bought our cameras at Ritz (hers is more than a year old now) and we plan to take the complementary classes together while she's here.

Click all images to 'embiggen' for better viewing.

I've been busily experimenting, so (if time permits) you can click to see the Sky Photos I've shared at Happily Retired Gal and here at Sacred Ruminations in the last few days. This weekend's Camera Critters at Small Reflections contains a collage of pelican pictures, and I've created a new header for Happily Retired Gal ... just because.

Although gusty Santa Ana winds are blowing here in Southern California (making it difficult to breathe outside and my skin dry & itchy) ... I'm relieved we're not buried in snow and/or coping with flooding as so many folks are currently ... I'm grateful that the winds have not resulted in firestorms, and I pray they won't this time around.

What are some blessings in YOUR life currently?
For others who 'Blog Their Blessings'
go to My Blog Rolls and/or click on the
Blog Your Blessings logo

above Really Good Things.
For those who participate in Sacred Life Sunday
click the logo below:
Blessed Be ... and so it is!
Photobucket

Thoughts for Today

"
The really nice breezes blow through my body and into my soul." Astrid Alauda

11 comments:

George said...

You've created a great collage, and the sunset photo is absolutely beautiful. Just imagine what you'll be able to do after you take classes and read the manual!

Unknown said...

Those are great! And you're just going to get better and better! :)

Maude Lynn said...

I bet you and your sister are going to have so much fun!

SandyCarlson said...

You have made good use of your new camera! Wow. It is worthy of your talent! Thanks for these great images. I hope you have a great week.

Joyce said...

Thank you for the sharing the joy and excitement of having your sister there with you, and of getting acquainted with your new camera. :)

The raised effect of the smaller photos on the larger photo in your collage is interesting and pleasing.

Blue Panther said...

Hey,
Those are some great pictures and that is a great BYB logo that you have made!

I was also at Paulie's blog, and saw that Snowman BYB logo that you had made earlier. That is very beautiful too. I think I am going to put it on the BYB banners page, if you allow.

Raven said...

Congrats on the company and on your new camera! I'm sure you're going to have no amount of joy from both. Lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new camera & look at the seal - Oh I wish I could see it swimming around!!!
Take care, have a great week, & GOD Bless!!!

Karen said...

Yaay for storyteller! Your sister AND a new camera?!

I think we're similar when it comes to manuals (as in not reading them--actually, I have childhood memories of my dad poring over all the manuals of every new toy or whatever--and I can remember being so impatient! I wanted to just start playing, but he wouldn't let me until he'd read that darn manual! No wonder I resist manuals!) I'm looking forward to all the delightful pics you'll be posting!

Michelle said...

This is an amazing picture. I'm so jealous that you got a new camera. I've been wanted the Nikon D60 or the D80. Hopefully I'll get it as soon as my pocket book will allow a little wiggle room. Hope you have a wonderful time with you sis and enjoy that camera.

Dick said...

Nice shots, the first picture could have been taken on Texel. lol.
Enjoy your new camera.