"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, January 16, 2009

Haiku Friday #106 - Sky Watch #25



Santa Ana Winds
bringing higher temp'ratures ...
mid-80s instead

of mid-60s and
blowing off-shore brings
larger waves to surf,

hazy skies obscure
Catalina ... 26
miles out to sea.

Click to embiggen for better viewing.

Click for a second

Haiku Sky Watch Friday
at Happily Retired Gal
and for others participating in
Sky Watch, Looking at the Sky on Fridays
& Haiku Friday this week.

lookingatthesky
Thought for Today
"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
Elwyn Brooks White, Essays of E.B. White, 1977

16 comments:

Karen said...

Eighties, hmmm? Well, it's about eleven degrees here now (wind chill factor making it below 0), with a high of twenty degrees expected. I was going to do some errands, but with my bad internal cold, and the freezing external cold, I believe I'll just continue to snuggle up on the couch in my purple flannel robe...

Anonymous said...

I long for 80 degree temperatures and tropical beaches...alas I'm stuck in the cold South. *sigh* When it's a steamy 110° I'll be longing for the sputtering snow we had yesterday, right?!

Great beach shots. I love that dark blue sky in the one on the right.

Thanks for playing along this week.

-Tisha

Sandee said...

I lived in San Diego for a time. I so remember those Santa Ana winds. Dry and persistent.

Have a terrific Friday and weekend my friend. Big hug. :)

Sylvia K said...

Lovely skies and palm trees and beautiful words! Doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Linda said...

I remember the Santa Anas from when I lived in Long Beach and San Bernardino. They did get a bit tiring after awhile but I'd be happy to have one blow through here with some warmer air right about now!

Love the beach pictures - very, very nice! Makes me miss living on the West Coast a bit!

Tumblewords: said...

I'm praying for 80's but thinking I'll hit 80 before the temp will - :) I remember the Santa Ana claim of bringing craziness. Good photos!

Walker said...

Stunning, thanks so much for sharing these pictures. We live in the same area I think.

SandyCarlson said...

I have a vague recollection of something called 80 degrees. Thanks for the reminder!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

The palm trees in your shots always make me so jealous. :)

Especially when it below zero here!

Dianne said...

I adore palm trees, they create such a nice vista :)

Patti said...

* I was able to embiggen it here. Very nice palm tree photos.

Ah, warm.....

Gayle said...

Palm trees against a rich blue skie make me smile! :)

George said...

80 degrees? I think you should share some of that warmth with those of us in the deep freeze. I sure like your pictures, though!

Unknown said...

Okay, do you have room for a tent in your yard? Wonderful Haiku and I am digging the weather...

Joyce said...

Good evening, Virginia,
I enjoy the E.B. White quote. :)

Though hazy, your skies are still beautiful. Your January temps are amazing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.