"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Monday, January 21, 2008

Annie Made My Day and I'm Passing the Award Along

Annie blessed me with this You Make My Day Award last weekend. I am most grateful. As I wrote in a comment to her about this unexpected surprise, this is an award I would have given HER early on in my blogging days if I'd had it to give. Without her support, encouragement and assistance, I'd be struggling mightily to figure things out on my own.

I'm honored to receive it and appreciate Annie thinking of me in this manner, especially since I've not been visiting quite as often for oh so many reasons (not the least of which recently is TENNIS) ... trying to attain some "balance" in my own life.

Apparently the rules say to give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration, making you feel so happy about the Blogosphere. It comes with a warning that you may get this award several times. It is my sincere hope that you do, for I'm certain you make the day for others as well.

I've decided to pass this award on to the following 5 people here at Sacred Ruminations and to 5 others at Small Reflections.

1. Lucy of Diamonds in the Sky with Lucy, and more recently Lucy Creates, is a constant source of encouragement and inspiration. Her posts combine lovely visual & verbal images ... consistently engaging imagination and thought. If memory serves, she was the 2nd blogger to "discover" me in this virtual world.

Others whose comments lift my spirits
and whose blogs consistently "make my day"
include (but are not limited to):

2. Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood
3. The Dream at You May Say I'm a Dreamer
4. MPJ at A Room of Mama's Own
5. Ladybug at Living in the Light I Find

With much gratitude, I offer my usual hugs and blessings to all who pass this way. If you haven't met these bloggers already, I hope you'll visit them in the near future.

11 comments:

Monique Kleinhans said...

what a fun surprise...I'm just reading along you lovely post and THEN I happen to see my blog mentioned in your list of "made my day" awards.

I'm thrilled and feel as if I just got a nice big hug. THANKS!!!!

Kayce aka lucy said...

a super fun surprise for me too! thank you for the kind words about my blogs and, of course, for the award too. most importantly...thank YOU for your continued support since each comment you leave 'makes my day' for sure!!!

hugs to you!!!

storyteller said...

Ladybug – I’m delighted you found the award before I got a chance to notify you on your blog, and felt surprised and excited to see your name in my thank you post. How cool is that?

Lucy – You DO spur me onward in this blogging adventure (even as I give myself permission to take "time-off" for tennis currently), and I’m pleased to share this award with you.

I’m so happy to have met both of you in this virtual world. I enjoy your blog posts and visits here oh so much, and I suspect you’ll enjoy passing this award along to others as I’ve done to you. You DO make MY days brighter.
Hugs and blessings,

Maude Lynn said...

Why, thank you, Storyteller! You just made MY day!

storyteller said...

Mama Zen - I'm happy to know that. It occurs to me that another benefit of such an award is that passing it around gives us all a chance to introduce our fellow bloggers to one another. Whoever started this award did us all a delightful favor! I wonder if anyone knows where it originated? It didn't come to ME with a link, but I'd like to track it down and give credit where credit is due.
Hugs and blessings,

Mike Golch said...

Congrats on winning you made my day award.

Karen said...

More delightful links--thank you!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Yay! I am finally catching up on my blog reading after all the illness of last weekend put me behind. Thanks so much for the award! Now off to catch up on the rest of your posts. :)

The Dream said...

Thank you SO much - what an honor! I have been super busy lately, and it's so good to be catching up in blogland again!

storyteller said...

Mike – Thanks … and because YOU make my day as well (and since Yolanda made another copy available for me to pass along) you can pick up a copy at Small Reflections whenever you choose on Tuesday's Award post here:
http://smallreflections.blogspot.com/2008/01/treasure-thanks-award-and-101-things.html
You can post it at your blog and share it with 10 bloggers who make YOUR day just like I did.

Karen – You’re quite welcome. I know not everyone has the kind of discretionary time to wander the Blogosphere … so I like to do my part.

MPJ – Yay back acha! I’m glad you (and everyone else in your family) is finally healthy again. Sounds like that bug was an insidious one. You’re quite welcome for the award because you DO make my day. It’s been 4 days since you left this and I’ve been too busy to check my email until right now, but I should be caught up soon.

Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Dream – You’re so welcome!!! I hope you have as much fun sharing it with others as I did. You must have been leaving your comment as I left my response yesterday to Mike, Karen, and MPJ. Fortunately it showed up in email this morning. ‘Tis good to know you’re doing well and back catching up a bit. I know how that goes. I’m feeling behind in MY blog visiting and am not sure when I’ll catch up because I seem to have a cold bug that saps my energy. I’m taking care of myself, doing what little I can in this virtual world and forgiving myself for that which I’m unable to do.
Hugs and blessings,