"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Friday, January 11, 2008

Haiku Friday - Volume 4 (A Second Hybrid Meme?)


This one Mom of 3
told her was for seven weird
things about ourselves.

I do love giraffes.
In my house they're everywhere
just collecting dust.

Writing all my life
often quite poetically
only for myself.

Clutter everywhere
anything that can be read ...
Time for me to clean.

I don't watch TV
as a rule unless I'm sick
then sometimes I will.

Gardening is fun.
Pulling weeds I meditate
letting go of thought.

Walking at the beach
Molly at my side we meet
new friends all the time.

Anyone can see
laughter is a favorite
happening for me.

Now that I have shared
all of this about myself,
who is next to play?

Here's the challenge, if you dare to accept.
If Haiku is not your thing, choose another poetic form and share
7 Weird Things About Yourself
poetically, linking to this post.
Do it ANY day of the week! Have fun as you play with language and see what happens. Even if you've done this meme before as I have here, it'll be fun to learn more about one another by playing again with a twist. Hmmmmm ... I didn't look until now, but some of the same things there are on this list too.

11 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Excellent! Giraffes, huh? At my house, it's frogs.

Anonymous said...

Very nice incorporation of memes!! :D

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Darn! I should have come and checked here first before doing my Haiku Friday post. I think I'll do all my memes in haiku too from now on. You rock!

storyteller said...

Thanks to all of you for your supportive encouragement of my writing (and my oddities). LOL

Mama Zen – this is the 2nd time you’ve tagged me for a meme and I’ve been so kind previously to you. Methinks you’re due … so even though you’ve done this one from Mom of 3 and passed on the 1st challenge so as not to sound like Yoda … I’d love to see what you’d really do poetically with one or the other … so consider yourself tagged ... if not for these topics, then an "Ode to Frogs" (or perhaps giraffes?)!!!

Secret Agent Mama – I’ve always had trouble doing things “by the rules” and enjoy playing with words, so these two Hybrid Haiku Memes seemed like fun when I created them. I’m surprised that others are reticent to play. Sherck and Yertle are the only ones who have taken up my challenge. Maybe you’ll be next?

MPJ – High praise … especially from one I whose writing I admire so! My heart is full and I’m grateful. I’ll be over soon to read this week’s Haiku, and will look forward with anticipation to those you’ll post in the future. Maybe we’ll start a trend -- Poetic Memes Rock! LOL

Hugs and blessings to you all! I appreciate you more than you know.

Maude Lynn said...

Ouch! I'm on it!

Momisodes said...

Wow,...this was a really great Ku and meme.You uncovered quite a bit about yourself there :) Loved it!

storyteller said...

Mama Zen – Ouch? What’s that about? You must know that I didn’t mean to hurt … just to nudge you a bit (playfully of course) … all in the spirit of fun. I just read (and responded to on your blog) the wonderfully poetic post in which you shared more about yourself. Thanks for being the good sport we know and love! Maybe we can inspire others to tackle “memes” in creative ways also? MPJ indicated SHE planned to do just that from now on. If I knew how to make clever awards, I’d create a special one for you … and perhaps that desire will motivate me to learn how to do another new thing here in the Blogosphere. Just give me time … and I’ll figure it out and surprise you one day.

Sandy – Thanks for the praise. I’d forgotten how much fun writing Haiku could be. I’m remembering when I started this blogging venture, a friend from the Taos Writers Retreat did a “psychic reading” for me in which she saw me playing like a child … and I suppose that’s exactly what I’ve been doing!

Hugs and blessings to you both,

Maude Lynn said...

Just kidding about the "ouch," Storyteller, I loved playing along! Now, if I could only write haiku like you do . . .

storyteller said...

Mama Zen - Thanks for the clarification. It's easy in this static verbal medium to be misconstrued, so I'm glad I didn't "offend" with my crazy sense of humor ... especially when I've been writing about "kindness" !!! I loved your poems and am happy you pushed through your hesitation and played along. As for Haiku ... perhaps it's all those years in the classroom teaching it to kids? The rhythms come naturally to my mind and fingertips these days, and it's just plain fun for me.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Again, I'm loving the haikus! It's such fun reading them, I may have to try writing my own.

storyteller said...

Karen – Playing with words has always been fun for me … and reading the Haikus others create on Fridays is a joy also. I hope you will decide to give it a go, but please don’t stress yourself out over it. Just enjoy the process.
Hugs and blessings,