"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts & Morning Musings


Ruby Tuesday, My World, Midweek Blues
and Miscellaneous Monday Memes are
in Monday's Multi-tasking post below.

Herein are my Morning Musings and
randomtuesday

It's about 7am and I'm planning to swim with a friend this morning around 8:30 before getting on with the day's errands & activities. Getting into the 'water exercise' habit seems like a good idea since the pool where 'S' lives is 5 minutes away and perfect for swimming laps.

1. I can't hear 'surf' this morning, but the ocean's scent washed over me when I opened the windows & doors a while ago. Living at the beach is a blessing I seldom take for granted, but mornings like this make me smile with recognition and gratitude first thing.

2. After having my sleep interrupted Saturday and Sunday night, I'm grateful the 'vacation renters' next door didn't party on the deck late into the evening last night. I feel rested this morning and glad I talked to them about the 'noise' issue.

3. I enjoyed catching up with friends at yesterday's Retired Gals Lunch. We visited longer than usual and it was about 2:30 when I headed out to run errands. Molly's DELIGHTED to have her favorite 'Duck & Sweet Potato' cookie treats from Natural Balance and a few new toys too. Maybe I'll take her to Dog Beach later to run free & play with fur-friends.

4. Hearing of Eunice Shriver's passing this morning, my heart goes out to her family & friends. Her presence on this earth will be missed by many but her contributions are many and her legacy endures.

5. This morning's email from Simple Truths contained a link to this brief inspirational video about the power of encouragement based on the book Even Eagles Need a Push by David McNally. If you have three & a half minutes, it's worth clicking the link to watch ... now or later. Perhaps you'll pass it along as I've done ... just because.
"The Push. Sometimes we need it ... sometimes we need to give it. It can be the greatest gift you ever give. It will change a life forever." Mac Anderson, Simple Truths.com
Morning Musings ...

recent pages from

my daily journal collaged ...
as you see I don't

stay within the lines
'linear' is challenging
I think in odd shapes

following my hand
where it leads to discover
what I do not know

Click to embiggen ...
and for others sharing Random Tuesday Thoughts


Thought for Today
"The one real object of education is to have a man in the condition of continually asking questions." Bishop Mandell Creighton

10 comments:

Carletta said...

I so thank you for linking to the video - by the time the end came I had goosebumps all over me. Really inspiring!
I love the kites in the collage below!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Laufa said...

Oh I miss that smell, the ocean. Made me home-sick just reading it.

Someone said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are so lucky to live near the ocean, must be beautiful, I have about a 3 hour drive to get to the ocean here!
Love your sky mosaic, very pretty!

I am Harriet said...

I would love to hear the surf when I wake up in the morning.
Have a Wonderful Tuesday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/random-hollywood-gossip.html

Anonymous said...

i love the journal collage.

& that quote. lol hope you have a great day!

Casey said...

Some day my kids are going to be old enough to actually stay on the beach. I live in FL and it's 25 min away.

I'm "officially" representing Keely today...consider her represented.

My Sanctuary said...

love all your photos very beautiful, thanks for the visit too..

Raven said...

Living by the ocean must be wonderful; the sound of the waves, the salt air, it sounds like heaven.

A said...

OMG I am like a week late in visiting you back, am so sorry about that! :D

I would like to live on the beach someday too! You're so lucky! :D

I love that qoute, it's so true! :)

Have a great weekend! :)

Allie said...

You are so creative and inspiring! :)