"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday's Tomfoolery

After composing the Small is Beautiful Top 7 of '07 Review (that took more time than I expected so I didn't get to visit many blogs today) and posting it at Small Reflections this morning, exercising Molly, and watching the Australian Open this afternoon ... I've come up short of inspiration as I sit down to write this post. Therefore, I've pulled out a few Blogthings ... so you can play along if you wish, or not. First, the Sesame Street Personality Quiz.

You Are Elmo

Sweet and innocent, you expect everyone to adore you. And they usually do!

You are usually feeling: Talkative. You've got tons of stories to tell. And when you aren't talking, you're laughing.

You are famous for: Being popular, though no one knows why. Middle aged women especially like you.

How you life your life: With an open heart. "Elmo loves you!"

Hmmm ... I suppose that "fits" as well as any. Big Bird was always my favorite character, but I admired Ernie and found "the cookie monster" endearing.

Carla and Lucy both had "Who's your Inner Rock Chick?" on on their blogs recently.

You Are Sheryl Crow!

Down to earth with tons of creative energy
When you talk, everyone can relate to you
"Life springs eternal
On a gaudy neon street
Not that I care at all"

The sad thing is, I don't know who many of these "rock stars" are, but I do know of Sheryl Crow ... so that "fits" too. Typing that here, I'm reminded that I took the How Indie Are You? Quiz at Claire's and didn't know what THAT was either. Fortunately she sent me a Wickipedia reference that explained the term to me, so now I'm better informed.

And finally ... How Good Is Your Karma?

You Have Fantastic Karma

You are a kind, sensitive, and giving person.
And all your good deeds will pay off - if they haven't already.
But you're not so concerned with what you get in return anyway.
You have an innate caring nature - and nothing can change that!
How's Your Karma?

Thought for Today: Wisdom
"Treat everyone and everything with loving compassion. When you see no difference between the sacred and the profane, the saint or the sinner, that is the ultimate wisdom. Daniel Levin

10 comments:

Eve said...

I am Cookie Monster (It's the food thing - I love to eat) and Cheryl Crow. And I have Fantastic Karma. Who would have guessed we're so much alike? Except for the cookies.

Maude Lynn said...

I'm Bert with Good Karma!

storyteller said...

Eve - Who indeed? 'Tis a small world after all! LOL

Mama Zen - Somehow I'm not surprised, and I realize now that I neglected to include Bert in my post ... but, of course, I enjoyed him as well.

Thanks for playing along. Wonder who else will show up from "the Sesame Street" crowd?
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

I love it when you do these quizzes! I'm Ani DiFranco, Bert, and I, too, have Fantastic Karma!

NicciN said...

How fun. Gotta find out who my inner rock chick is.

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the fun!

storyteller said...

Karen – I’m happy you do. Methinks Carla was Ani DiFranco too and so is Yertle. I have no clue who that is … guess I’m getting old and out of touch. Of course your Karma would be fantastic!

Yertle – Thanks for playing along and leaving the link to your blog so others can find you. I love how interconnected this virtual world is!

Hugs and blessings to you both,

storyteller said...

Hmmm -- Sandy, you must have left YOUR comment as I was leaving my previous response. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Hugs and blessings,

Mike Golch said...

I'm Elmo with good karma the innere rock chic well I skipped that one

storyteller said...

Mike – Ah Elmo and Karma like me, eh? So … you didn’t want to check out your feminine side and share? I suppose we can forgive you for that, but it could be intriguing to consider.
Hugs and blessings,