"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 6 Remembrance & Change (My Sacred Life)


Midway through the Taos Writers Retreat this summer, Suzanne led about a dozen early risers on a Silent Meditation Walk on to Pueblo Lands at 6:oo in the morning, and I took this photograph along with many others.

Looking at it takes me back, reminding me of so many recent firsts in my life ...
-- driving from Southern California to Taos & back on my own
-- exploring the High Road and Enchanted Circle ... stopping often
-- visiting the Sanctuario de Chimayo and the Chimayo weavers
-- finding perfect gifts for friends and special mementos for myself
-- arriving early at the Mabel Dodge Luhan House
-- sleeping in the Georgia O'Keefe room that first night
-- meeting new people & beginning beautiful friendships
-- falling asleep listening to Pueblo Indian drums & chanting
-- dining on delicious Santa Fe cuisine without gaining any weight
-- glorious sunrises each morning and sunsets each afternoon
-- connecting with amazing writers
-- learning we share similar experiences, attributes, and feelings
-- participating in stimulating workshops each day
-- writing for extended periods in lovely locations, inside & out
-- sharing & responding, listening, giving & receiving feedback
-- facing my fears as they surfaced, one by one
-- accepting and valuing myself ... just as I am
-- discovering my writing "resonates" with listeners & readers
-- exploring the retreat grounds and the city of Taos
-- playing fetch with the friendly Chocolate lab as I missed Molly
-- lightning, thunder & heavy rains pounding the roof one night
-- opening to what might be ... if only
-- finding a room available to extend my stay
-- allowing myself time & space to process everything reflectively
-- sharing dinner with three others who didn't leave Taos immediately
-- recognizing subtle shifts within and around me leading to change

The serendipitous confluence of events that got me there & back again remind me that paying attention to invitations from the Universe and making open-hearted choices yield powerful (and sometimes surprising) results. My presence in the Blogosphere now grew out of these moments.

Memories & experiences
serve as continuing catalysts of all that came before.
Peace floods my being as grace brings gratitude and joy
for changes I once foolishly feared.
Blessings abound as I begin to step forth
walking my talk
trusting others again
finally.

What invitations from the Universe exist for you today?

6 comments:

wgasawoman said...

It is with heartfelt gratitude that I leave this comment. Your site is so filled with grace, peacefulness and serenity. I love your poem - it summed up my feelings beautifully. And what a teacher you are. From the moment I sat down next to you at the Writer's Spa, I knew I had met a kindred spirit; what I didn't know was that I had also met an amazing teacher.
Thanks for letting me be the S in the story. And, thanks for putting yourself out into the world.

storyteller said...

Thank YOU for leaving my FIRST comment on this Blog Site. I appreciate your kind words and feel emboldened as I face my own fears of being known ... sharing my private thoughts in a public space for the first time ever after all these years.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like such a serene place to attend a Writer's Retreat.

I like those sorts of conferences and I am glad you took total advantage of your stay!

Hope you can stop by my HoT this week, I am sure you will get some great exercise laughing at it.

storyteller said...

Jean – Thanks for leaving your comment here after visiting my Heads or Tails #4 post at Small Reflections today. It’s fun for me to relive this experience with today’s ‘flashback’ … and I’m reminded how much more I used to share in my early posts.

I did enjoy your HoT memories when I visited your blog earlier today after finding you in the Mr. Linky at Skittle's place ... thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

Susan Demeter said...

Very cool, and we are glad you are here in the blogsphere :)

storyteller said...

Sue - Thanks! I'm glad to BE here ;--)
Hugs and blessings,