"We become what we think about." ~ Earl Nightingale

Welcome to Sacred Ruminations

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 1 Molly as Teacher (My Sacred Life continued)

The two of us have been house-bound for the past three days due to the smoke and debris from the multiple fires burning all over Southern California. I'm hoping the Santa Ana winds will stop so that the cooler on-shore breezes can reestablish themselves and provide some relief for the fire-fighters and everyone else in the area.

In the meantime, I'm trying to remain calm and do my "homework" for an online class ... taking occasional breaks to play "indoor games" of "fetch" and "tug-of-war" with Molly who, in her doggy-like way, has obliterated several tennis balls while she takes a break from chewing on assorted Nylabones as I do my work. As usual, she reminds me to stay present with what is ... enjoy life's simple pleasures until things return to "normal" and we can play outside again safely.

Earlier today I sent email to my "study-buddy" encouraging her (among other things) to lighten up and be kind to herself. I found myself laughing aloud when she sent a short reply saying, "I think I love you." Sometimes all it takes is a gentle reminder to be as kind to ourselves as we are to others.

Although I usually don't watch much TV, I've found myself unable to turn off the fire coverage the past few days ... and I continue to pray for those affected by the fires while holding positive thoughts that the weather will shift soon and the infernos will be brought under control as quickly as possible ... counting my blessings while practicing gratitude and compassion for all.
"I'm not a teacher: only a fellow-traveler of whom you asked the way.
I pointed ahead -- ahead of myself as well as you." George Bernard Shaw

No comments: